Multi Genre HAB - The Depths [40 Tunes of Deep, Techy, Melodic Bass] [ARRIVING AUGUST 2ND!]

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
HAB - The Depths [40 Tunes of Deep, Techy, Melodic Bass] [DNB, Garage, Dubstep]

Anyone following the HAB Mixblog will notice a recent entry about my next upcoming mix. The mix is almost entirely recorded the way I want, and I am waiting on a few clearance issues before I can release it. It WILL be released on Thursday, however, so for the time being, I thought I'd give you lot a little preview of what it will entail. I'll do my best to keep up the suspense as the days progress! I know, I'm a terrible tease! Cheers!

Now that the reveal is done, I think everyone will like the selection. Major tunage in here, all stuff to rattle the trunk of you car. Hitting the whole spectrum with this mix because someone asked me to do a deep set. Couldn't help myself with having my usual multi-genre fun, but I tried to keep techy rollers at the beginning and end of the mix, while keeping the vibes melodic and lovely as the bass got progressively deeper, darker and more experimental. Hope you all enjoy it!

(click the art for full-sized versions!)

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:

Download/Stream at DROPBOX:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyme5dmx5mfrdjc/The Depths.mp3

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc

Last edited:
u raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly. bravo
send me a dl link when its up man (y)

Can't read the TL bro, dno whether it's my comp or..

Not at all. As I'm still working out the actual ability to get the file available for download on Thursday, I decided to I'd try something different and new and tease out the tracklist, sort of a way to keep people on their toes. It's a way to get people to see what's in store while still keeping people guessing. I've set up a code that updates the tracklist image every six hours with more info being revealed, and all (including the file itself) should be revealed come midnight on Thursday here on the East Coast US. That would be 5:00 AM for you gents.

Not at all. As I'm still working out the actual ability to get the file available for download on Thursday, I decided to I'd try something different and new and tease out the tracklist, sort of a way to keep people on their toes. It's a way to get people to see what's in store while still keeping people guessing. I've set up a code that updates the tracklist image every six hours with more info being revealed, and all (including the file itself) should be revealed come midnight on Thursday here on the East Coast US. That would be 5:00 AM for you gents.

Wicked man, don't think I've seen that done before! Great idea.

Aaaand we're up and running! Cheers for the patient lot who waited!

good morning, will rinse several times and get back to you. Listened to your pulse mix yday tops will feedback after work on both.

And a bump for this lovely mix of mine. Seems quite a few have let it slip under the radar!

really good man

loved the switch in the middle to the more downtempo bit and the change back up, both where so smooth i barely noticed.

selection was on point, force, conqueror x stood out. love the conqueror x mix, i always did it with marka, good to see you noticed it works with vocal tunes (y)

personally i feel this mix probably had the best flow out of all of yours so far, everything seemed in its right place and the mix progressed like a full piece of music as opposed to a collection of tunes.

just finished listening mate, lovely mix.

underpass all the way through to the end was just epic.

Like jwood said it was nice to have the downtempo in there, don't really listen to any of that so you put me onto a few good tunes there (been on the skitty dub phizix remix for a while though, glad to see it in a set!)

large as always HAB. just a ridiculous collection of tracks that shows what good taste you have, the variety in there is next. conqueror x through to underpass was bladdy lavly, awesome selection there. and i really enjoyed the 'bass' section... not much to say that hasn't already been said countless times in your previous mixes too, had another listen to your roller derby mix on holiday too, pure sexyness. you know i'm a fan, looking forward to the next standardly!

selection was on point, force, conqueror x stood out. love the conqueror x mix, i always did it with marka, good to see you noticed it works with vocal tunes

personally i feel this mix probably had the best flow out of all of yours so far, everything seemed in its right place and the mix progressed like a full piece of music as opposed to a collection of tunes.

Big up yourself, J, glad to know you enjoyed! I'm also glad to see that people are seeing progress in mixes, especially in terms of quality and actual vibes. Really did some out-of-the-box stuff with this one, so I'm glad it all worked out, might do another one like this eventually. And as far as Force is concerned, that's a fooking tune, isn't it? I must have wasted an entire paycheck thus far on getting wavs of Moving Shadow's back catalog, but Force was the very first one I needed to pick up. Great atmospherics, the bassline and drum pattern are nuts and the synths that come in later tie it all together perfectly.

underpass all the way through to the end was just epic.

Like jwood said it was nice to have the downtempo in there, don't really listen to any of that so you put me onto a few good tunes there (been on the skitty dub phizix remix for a while though, glad to see it in a set!)

Some of those downtempo tunes are really stellar, and though I was not too familiar with the subgenres as I am with dnb, I'm loving the sounds coming from SBTRKT and Koreless right now. That SBTRKT album is really amazing and one of my favorite non-dnb LPs of the past few years. And yeah that Skittles remix is nuts, always been a big fan. And as far as the last bit, I wanted to bring the energy level up coming out of the deep bit that ended in Underpass. I spent a good amount of time on the last two mixes, as I've just been itching to do creative things with stuff from Subwave's criminally underrated album. Without You just happened to be one of my favs.

large as always HAB. just a ridiculous collection of tracks that shows what good taste you have, the variety in there is next. conqueror x through to underpass was bladdy lavly, awesome selection there. and i really enjoyed the 'bass' section... not much to say that hasn't already been said countless times in your previous mixes too, had another listen to your roller derby mix on holiday too, pure sexyness. you know i'm a fan, looking forward to the next standardly!

Big ups yourself, Jack. I'm really digging the stuff coming out on Diffrent ever since I heard Laughing at Clouds by Frederic Robinson, and I thought that Chills tune was a perfect bit for this mix, and though I really had to dig way back to find that Metro & Justice bit. I needed something to bridge Everybody's Mad and Half Top Feelings and when I heard that simple break and heavy bass I knew I found the right track.

Big ups yourself, Jack. I'm really digging the stuff coming out on Diffrent ever since I heard Laughing at Clouds by Frederic Robinson, and I thought that Chills tune was a perfect bit for this mix, and though I really had to dig way back to find that Metro & Justice bit. I needed something to bridge Everybody's Mad and Half Top Feelings and when I heard that simple break and heavy bass I knew I found the right track.

you should check out their next release, fathom audio - promises / ridges. vibes all round. gonna be featuring diffrent and the release on our website soon :)

:word:

Fab HAB. :D might have said it before, one of the better DJ's in the forum. clearly have a good ear for what goes with what, the flow on this is incredible.

Anything with Cold Champagne in is a winner for me. Love that tune, my copy is a bit warped so doesn't get an outing much.

Peace. Will hopefully start getting better with my feedback again...slacking as of late.

you should check out their next release, fathom audio - promises / ridges. vibes all round. gonna be featuring diffrent and the release on our website soon :)

Will do, bruv!

Fab HAB. :D might have said it before, one of the better DJ's in the forum. clearly have a good ear for what goes with what, the flow on this is incredible.

Anything with Cold Champagne in is a winner for me. Love that tune, my copy is a bit warped so doesn't get an outing much.

Peace. Will hopefully start getting better with my feedback again...slacking as of late.

Mighty kind for the feedback and praise, stu. Really liked how this one came out too. And yeah Cold Champagne is a monster track. Appreciate the kind words, will be on the look out for the next bit! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom