New Talent forum etiquette

Affliction

VIP Junglist
ez guys, i just wanted to put this thread up with a few guidelines for posting in the new talent forum, there's been a few people lately spamming the board with blatant advertisements - we have a seperate forum for that....

1> please put the track name & style in the thread title
2> if possible, please put a direct link to the audio file in your post, specifying file size & attributes (bitrate etc). It's also fine to link directly to a web-page with an embedded media player.
3> please say specifically what kind of feedback you want, what you're not sure about, what you think might need improving etc etc...

please do not just post a link to your website unless it's completely unavoidable (ie you can't get the url of your music file)

here's an example of a good post

and here's a bad post

would be cool if we could all keep the forum orderly and stop it turning into a free-for-all spamming ground.... :grouphug:

[update 20.6.06]

A few words about thread ratings
I try and listen to every single track posted on the new talent forum, and give it a rating out of 5. Please don't be offended if you're track doesn't get a very high rating... one thing you can always rely on me for is a 100% honest, no bullshit assessment.

You might think i'm being harsh handing out all these 2 stars... i'm working on the entire scale here, 1 being the worst dnb tune ever (believe me i've heard it), and 5 being the best (up there with the best tunes around at the moment). So yeah most of the tunes on here are likely to get a 2 or 3 star rating. It breaks down a bit like this:

1 Star: You have much learning ahead of you, grasshopper...
2 Stars: Below average. Perhaps work on structure arrangment, or production skills.
3 Stars: Above average. Everything seems to work, but it's lacking that extra touch.
4 Stars: Good, you should be looking to get this signed on a small label.
5 Stars: Great! Expect a phone call from Ram Recordings any day now...

Finally, please do not rate your own thread. Recently i gave a track 2 stars, and the author wasn't very happy with that, so he gave himself 5 stars to bump up the average. Won't name names, but if you can't deal with people not liking your tune as much as you think they should, then you probably shouldn't be posting here... Users that rate their own thread are likely to see that thread end up in the recycle bin.

[Edit2]
Once again, do NOT rate your own thread! Also, don't give your mates tune 5 stars just because he's your mate. This is NOT the place to big up yourselves or your mates.

Last edited:
i really hate it when that happens, peeeps do it with mixes too. stu needs to make it so that you cant vote for your own thread, then i'll be happy!
where is naS these days.....

ermmmm that would be me, i listen to every single track on the new talent forum, but dont have time to write a review for all of them (obviousley!), so i rate them all instead....

it would be a good idea if people couldnt rate their own threads though...

Affliction said:
ermmmm that would be me, i listen to every single track on the new talent forum, but dont have time to write a review for all of them (obviousley!), so i rate them all instead....

if its your goodself, I take it all back then :flowers:

Its good one on teh forum bods is checking all the new talent. :thumbsup:

I totally concur with what Afflication wrote. I can't stand it when people post tracks up on bulletin boards expecting just praise. I'm totally blunt with people about what I think of their tunes and that way I'm doing them a favour.

im starting to feel a lot of ego trippin and hate on these forums lately, come on im sick of hearing "the mix downs not completly pro" well your right im not simon at master piece so talk more to me about my structure and ideas, not my lack of owning the most expensive monitors out there. thank you

im starting to feel a lot of ego trippin and hate on these forums lately, come on im sick of hearing "the mix downs not completly pro" well your right im not simon at master piece so talk more to me about my structure and ideas, not my lack of owning the most expensive monitors out there. thank you

I hear what ya sayin, and it is discouraging to speand up to 80hours on a tune, and get it wrong. I would hate to know how may tracks I have actually finished, cos non of them were ever good enough. But I hope one day they will, and if not well, as long as tehy are loud enough to mix into others and not sound lame, I am cool with that.
After all that's why we make tunes, in the hope some other DJ's will play it too ?

you don't need expensive monitors dude, just patience...and then some LOL

Hope my comments so far have been encouraging and not brutal ( at least in this section)

Last edited:
yeah I should have read this before as I rated my own thread 5, i did'nt think it was worth 5 stars but at the end of the day if I don't think my own tracks are good then I'd be wasting my time producing so I selfishly 5 starred it sorry it won't happen again

yeah I should have read this before as I rated my own thread 5, i did'nt think it was worth 5 stars but at the end of the day if I don't think my own tracks are good then I'd be wasting my time producing so I selfishly 5 starred it sorry it won't happen again

yeah i did the same but only cause i didnt tink i would be able to rate my own. any way to turn that off. kinda makes a mockery of rating

i like the idea of a star rating, unless the thread maker wants comments ofcourse...

good idea

peace

I still see people posting there tunes in the wrong place, maybe change the title of this thread to pop out more and all?

Re: spyder jackets

MENS' Spyder white&red REMOVEABLE CAP and SLEEVES SKI SUIT JACK $119.00 This is a new style of white&red men's Spyder REMOVEABLE CAP and SLEEVES SKI SUIT JACKET.... MEN'S SPYDER GRAY REMOVEABLE CAP SLEEVES SKI SUIT $129.00 Here is a grey SPYDER men's ski suit jacket. Perfect design and color! It always embodies fashio MEN'S SPYDER BLACK REMOVEABLE CAP SLEEVES SKI SUIT JACKET $129.00 Here is a new style SPYDER men's black ski suit jacket. It's chic and comfortable. Besides, it u MEN'S SPYDER BLUE REMOVEABLE CAP SLEEVES SKI SUIT Jacket $129.00 Here is a White SPYDER men's ski suit Jacket. It is the best choice for the person who loves out MEN'S SPYDER WHITE REMOVABLE CAP&SLEEVES SKI SUIT Jacket $129.00 This is a style of white men's outdoor and skiing apparel. Breathable waterproof fabrics are str MEN'S SPYDER RED NEW STYLE SKI SUIT Jacket $129.00 Here is a red Men's SPYDER Jacket. The external is made of new high-tech waterproof,... WOMEN'S SPYDER White&Red Insulated Jackets SKI SUIT $119.00 Here is a white SPYDER women鈥?s ski suit The suit is made of Wear-resistant fabric Dermizax-EV;... WOMEN'S SPYDER Orange Insulated Jackets SKI SUIT $119.00 This is a piece of Orange women's outdoor and skiing apparel.Breathable waterproof fabrics are s WOMEN'S SPYDER Pink Insulated Jackets SKI SUIT $119.00 Here is a Pink SPYDER WOMEN'S SKI CLOTHING.This is designed for outdoor and extreme sports. It h WOMEN'S SPYDER Blue Insulated Jackets SKI SUIT $99.00 This is a style of Blue women's outdoor and skiing apparel.Wear-resistant fabric Dermizax-EV.The WOMEN'S SPYDER GREEN Insulated Jacket SKI SUIT $119.00 This is a style of Green women's outdoor and skiing apparel It is Wear-resistant fabric Derm WOMEN'S SPYDER RED Insulated Jackets SKI SUIT $119.00 This is a style of Red WOMEN'S Insulated Jackets.Breathable waterproof fabrics are strong and...

STOP RIGHT THERE

it's over priced.

Back
Top Bottom