RIP Pendulum?

Rob Swire on twitter:

"There will be no further Pendulum live shows. There are no current plans for a new album in 2013."

There's plenty of Pendulum tunes that are seriously sick. I dont like them as they are (or were) but i just dont listen to them anymore, i'll listen to Bacteria RMX instead

haha i liek this its like refusing to adknowledge what happened to them. jk, its a good outlook to have

Regardless, i have to admit if it wasn't for artists like pendulum i never would have got into drum and bass, tracks like bacteria remix and still grey were my introduction to the genre back in like 06

haha i liek this its like refusing to adknowledge what happened to them. jk, its a good outlook to have

Regardless, i have to admit if it wasn't for artists like pendulum i never would have got into drum and bass, tracks like bacteria remix and still grey were my introduction to the genre back in like 06

I just find it pointless moaning about them 'selling out' or 'they've gone shit now' constantly. I dont much like Fresh's new music direction (commercially anyway) so I just dont bother listening to it and listen to what I do like of his instead. Pretty simple really

Well from the DJ's point of view you're almost right, apart from Ransom and Stay Too Long Remix. But I like to listen to some of their bits, I even dare to play out 9000 Miles, which is probably my favourite tune of theirs.

Funny you should mention that one, lately I've liked to use their tune Midnight Runner off the same album for transitions in the mix.. It's got a pretty solid minimal beat then switches to jump up! Gimme a tune that does that these days.

Funny you should mention that one, lately I've liked to use their tune Midnight Runner off the same album for transitions in the mix.. It's got a pretty solid minimal beat then switches to jump up! Gimme a tune that does that these days.

I really hated Midnight Runner at first, but it has grown on me. Have to admit I fell for it after I saw them performing it live. Such an intriguing tune. They have surely fallen off the classic drum and bass roots, still I have much love and respect to most of their output as it's genuinely produced yet very musical in the same time.

Love that tune, totally forgot it existed until today(well, technically it's yesterday then). Gotta love that second drop, it's out of this world

no big fan of pendulum.....like some of there stuff back in the day like another planet etc...then i grew up lol.....see them at wembley.....not impressed....dont think they'll be missed too much tbh......they aint done much last few years.

...then i grew up lol.....

original.jpg

weirdly enough knife party played a lot of dnb at the end of their set @ edc (a-cray posted the set cause they played stomper)

Their LP is called Abandon Ship and I will be purchasing the fuck out of it. Even if there are no more Rob Swire vocals, I just have faith in he and Gareth as musicians, even if some KP stuff has been a bit generic.

Back
Top Bottom