Don't you think d&b should be used more in films?

DJ Lordward

T.D.P.
VIP Junglist
I watched Blade Trinity last night & it made me start to wonder again why d&b isnt used in films.
Seeing that its the most energetic music out there i dont see why its never used in films. Blade Trinity is full of fight scenes with breakbeat tracks playing, when you know d&b would sound better!
discuss...

totally agree with you mr lordward

perfect example was when they didn't use Neo in The Matrix, I mean it would've been perfect dammit!

perfect it would have been, but it would have scared the living shit out of most people that went to see it.

but yeah def agree on this one, drumz would go perfectly in a film score

DJ Lordward said:
I watched Blade Trinity last night & it made me start to wonder again why d&b isnt used in films.
Seeing that its the most energetic music out there i dont see why its never used in films. Blade Trinity is full of fight scenes with breakbeat tracks playing, when you know d&b would sound better!
discuss...

Shit man, I've just had a vision of Blade :mr_cool: chopping vamps up to the sound of Warhead.

:rambo: :dynamite: :sniper: :who_wants: :gun: :missile: :saber: :chainsaw: :antitank: :dual:

zeeky deek said:
totally agree with you mr lordward

perfect example was when they didn't use Neo in The Matrix, I mean it would've been perfect dammit!
yeah serious mang, i read about that in some Hive interview. Damn shame. :rolleyes:

here in australia i find alot of our television commercials have real jungly background beats. i never really noticed it until a chick i know said it, now this dirl is ya typical air head, but since she has said it i pick up on all these dnb breaks in tele ads

blade 2 had sum roni size and cyprus hill track in it. it does not sound like propa dnb tho.

yeh ur right....
i saw blade 3 though n im glad that they didnt coz dnb just shouldnt b associated wit nething that awful!!

serendipity said:
yeh ur right....
i saw blade 3 though n im glad that they didnt coz dnb just shouldnt b associated wit nething that awful!!
haha. i thought it was good film. the ending was a bit shat: trying to put some deep, thoughtful quote in at the end which didnt really work. they even made a big thing about that girl that puts tunes on iPod to fight to, yet she has no drum&bass- sort it out!
deffo agree wit the comments on Neo. i think it would have gone perfectly into some of the fight scenes.

DJ Lordward said:
haha. i thought it was good film. the ending was a bit shat: trying to put some deep, thoughtful quote in at the end which didnt really work. they even made a big thing about that girl that puts tunes on iPod to fight to, yet she has no drum&bass- sort it out!
deffo agree wit the comments on Neo. i think it would have gone perfectly into some of the fight scenes.

-werd

hmm...
for college we gotta put audio to video for a project
might put Hive over the Matrix :)

im thinking the lobby scene
:)

i watched some nature program a while back that had nice dnb breaks in the back ground. lions with dnb in the background, i could watch that all day.

I agree with all of you!When i watch all these modern action movies, I just hear the d'n'b in the back :twitchy:
Movies like the Matrix or Blade just have to be with d'n'b soundtrack! :devilslay

when i was living with my folks who had sky one of the movie channels was advertising ronin, film with rob de niro, shaun bean etc and the music they used to advertise the film was brown paper bag.....fantastic but there was me thinking that it was actually used in the score....alas no but quality match of d n b to a nice film.....

covert said:
when i was living with my folks who had sky one of the movie channels was advertising ronin, film with rob de niro, shaun bean etc and the music they used to advertise the film was brown paper bag.....fantastic but there was me thinking that it was actually used in the score....alas no but quality match of d n b to a nice film.....

ronin = baaaaaaaaaaad film

i want it for xmas!!

:D im planning to do a dnb score to Chronicles of Riddick the short manga cartoon

Back
Top Bottom