Songs you can't mix

ok so i know where some of you might be going wrong.

with minimal intros... cue from the drop and get it beatmatched as spot on as possible. then cue it back to the start when you wanna start mixing it in.

some tracks may start with a very faint hi hat. turn up the trebble when cueing and you wil hear it better. you may have been cueing it from the place where the snare would be.

some intros sound a bit confusing and you nudge them to where you think they should fit making it off beat. dont trust your instincts , trust ur beat matching skills and let it roll. get to know ur tracks inside and out.

cant think of any examples but i have some tracks where the first beat/noise is the snare position or even the snare position before the first beat. they can be a twat to mix until you find this out.

Planet Dust was one of those. That synth noise is like an added bar or two to run it from if you're gonna mix it

yeah planet dust is a right twat.
i've got a sticker on mine showing me where so many bars from the drop is.

Dillinja is the king of the extra 2 bars aswell. So many times i think i've dropped his tunes in right only to find.... the extra bar or two i forgot means i have failed

Signal :/

find the first hats

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Original Ra used to do my head in until Gloxxy recommended marking it with a lable so you can make it exactly 16bars until the drop

find the first hats

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Original Ra used to do my head in until Gloxxy recommended marking it with a lable so you can make it exactly 16bars until the drop

Isnt the original a 16 bar intro anyway?

I've done that to loads of tunes where the intro is too long, slide a sticker under the needle marking the kick drum and away you go.....

I can mix anything tbh. Don't think ive ever clanged the mix... EVER!
All truths tho, yeah planet dust is an absolute ballache! Making a sticker for these sorts is a good idea actually. Might give that a try.

planet dust is a fucker, tone with cold one don't start on the beat, play from the start of the melody and the drums come in pretty quickly in like 2-3 bars and just go from there..

ok so i know where some of you might be going wrong.

with minimal intros... cue from the drop and get it beatmatched as spot on as possible. then cue it back to the start when you wanna start mixing it in.

some tracks may start with a very faint hi hat. turn up the trebble when cueing and you wil hear it better. you may have been cueing it from the place where the snare would be.

some intros sound a bit confusing and you nudge them to where you think they should fit making it off beat. dont trust your instincts , trust ur beat matching skills and let it roll. get to know ur tracks inside and out.

cant think of any examples but i have some tracks where the first beat/noise is the snare position or even the snare position before the first beat. they can be a twat to mix until you find this out.

Not a lack of technique, every once in a while a tune just doesnt agree.

A few tunes on Ed Rush & Optical - Travel the Galaxy
Noisia - Stigma
Phace & Misanthrop - Desert Orgy
Konflict - Messiah

Back
Top Bottom