APRIL 2012 MIX Enei, Break, S.P.Y, Phace, Calyx, June Miller, Foreign Concept etal

ultralean

Something for the weekend :rave:

http://soundcloud.com/cetra/bada-bing

Bada Bing!

Foreign Concept – Mob Justice (Enei remix) [Critical]
Break – Authentic [Quarantine]
Misanthrop – Viperfish [Subtitles]
Silent Witness – California [Critical]
Octane & DLR – Back in the Grind (Cern & Dabs remix) [Dispatch]
Ghostface Killah feat. Ne-Yo vs. Marky & Bungle – Back Like That [BL]
S.P.Y – Favela [Metalheadz]
Break – Soundwaves [Critical]
Foreign Concept & Anile – True Enemies [Commercial Suicide]
Phace – Strange Science [Shogun]
Commix – Double Double [Metalheadz]
Calyx – Are You Ready? (Hive & Gridlok remix) [Moving Shadow]
Enei, EastColours & Noel – Cracker (Original) [Critical]
June Miller – Snapcase [Modulations]

Mix of the new and old. All feedback appreciated!! Hope ya like it if ya get round to listening :)

Re: APRIL 2012 MIX Enei, Break, S.P.Y, Phace, Calyx, June Miller, Foreign Concept eta

on it man, looks naice

Re: APRIL 2012 MIX Enei, Break, S.P.Y, Phace, Calyx, June Miller, Foreign Concept eta

cheers guys! would like to know what you think - what did and what didn't work well etc! want to record longer mixes so i can chuck in more tunes/variety but soundcloud limit is low ><

Foreign Concept – Mob Justice (Enei remix) [Critical] - worked really well as an intro, never would have thought to use it as one. well played. saying that tho its wicked in the mix with so many things so catch 22 i suppose.
Break – Authentic [Quarantine] - yes. just yes. so smooth and sat so well together. u don't need feedback ur know what ur up to man.
Misanthrop – Viperfish [Subtitles] - too too too much bass on the drop. turn down authentic so just the mid range is sitting niceley into viperfish. maybe turn down viperfish's mid a lil bit so authentic has the space to enter the mix.
Silent Witness – California [Critical] - nice. lil less mid on this one so viperfish pokes through more. i would have ended the mix earlier tho before viperfish had more going on. first 16 sounded better imo.
Octane & DLR – Back in the Grind (Cern & Dabs remix) [Dispatch] - liked it.
Ghostface Killah feat. Ne-Yo vs. Marky & Bungle – Back Like That [BL] - yeah ok. nice double.
S.P.Y – Favela [Metalheadz] - meh.. wasn't really feeling it. wasn't bad just not wicked.
Break – Soundwaves [Critical] - played of each other well.. easy on the bass tho. 2 on at once is usually gonna sound messy.
Foreign Concept & Anile – True Enemies [Commercial Suicide] not bad. intro sounded swish. the drop wasn't bad but i think would have had more effect with a straight switch.
Phace – Strange Science [Shogun] - worked quite well. would have been tempted to have strange science the dominant tune and have true enemies subltle in the back. SS is bass orientated and TE has lots of nice mid range sounds that would have had lots of room under SS.
Commix – Double Double [Metalheadz] - liked it. however the overal voulme appeared to drop. both tunes were fighting for room. eq them different. have one on top one under. prob SS as the dominant one, but then u will have a tougher job making a smooth transition.
Calyx – Are You Ready? (Hive & Gridlok remix) [Moving Shadow] - wicked. liked most of the bass switches.
Enei, EastColours & Noel – Cracker (Original) [Critical] - loving the breakdown. the drop i would have turned down AYR's mid range a bit. was taking just over a lil. cracking mix man.
June Miller – Snapcase [Modulations] - yeah worked well man.

dude, this was wicked. right up my street

really enjoyed the blend of older and newer tracks, nice to hear stuff like viperfish still getting played!

mix was really good man, tight as and with a really good selection.
intro was ridiculously good, like how you didn't feel the need to double it as most people seem to now a days me included most of the time) - made it refreshing

i need to get a copy of double double, no idea why i don't own it

cracker mix with snapcase was also on point (y)

nice mix dude,

Foreign Concept – Mob Justice (Enei remix) [Critical]

is there a digital release for this track now?? (been out of the loop for while).

Really enjoyed this, was tight and rollin, thought it lost momentum towards the end, but was short and sweet, the mixes surrounding 'Soundwaves' i thought were bangers

Really appreciate all the feedback guys ! Thanks :) Nice to associate with people appreciating good music!

Woods im downloading your mix now mate ;)

Back
Top Bottom