Big Tunes you just arn't into

Most big liquid tracks, infact pritty much all liquid tracks make me sick and makes me wounder is there any room for liquid in drum and bass anymore?! I say less liquid more mc's

hahahaha

that being said i don't think ive ever listened to a full liquid set, i like variety in my mixes

LTJ Bukem's fabric live one was awesome tho

this is a tricky thread actually cos people who have recently got into dnb probably wont care for some of the older tunes. someone just mentioned planet dust, i remember when that was on hypes fabriclive03 and that tune was fucking huuuge just cos it was groundbreaking but listening back and comparing it to modern day production i can see why people who have just got into the scene wouldnt care much for it

This thread is retarded. Why would you say a tunes big if you aren't into it? Kinda makes sense in terms of popularity, but then you know, britney spears is big in that case.

Music is subjective, play what you want, like what you want, listen to what you want. I can't believe there is so much opinion on what people should like.

best post in this thread by a long way.

imo there are some outrageous shouts (messiah, boring? it defines dnb!) but each to their own and all that

Not really feeling anything by Rihanna tbh.

:teeth:

But seriously, Sweet Shop - Friction, C&K Remix is fucking terrible. Don't bring that fucking dubstep treble screech over to dnb.

Last edited:
Just generally boring dnb although I'm more open to different styles than I used to be.

Stuff like D Bridge's last single on metalheadz its really not for the dancefloor.
Does every tune have to be for the dancefloor though?

Surely there are times when you want to listen to some chilled dnb at home. Maybe I'm alone in that but if producers have to tailor their tunes for the dancefloor then dnb will always be seen as a joke genre by most people

Does every tune have to be for the dancefloor though?

Surely there are times when you want to listen to some chilled dnb at home. Maybe I'm alone in that but if producers have to tailor their tunes for the dancefloor then dnb will always be seen as a joke genre by most people

So much this.

Never said my opinion is better than yours, explain how i did, ive not expressed what tunes i dislike, infact if i dont like a tune i just forget about it, simple as never mention it, just focus on what i like that was my point, if other people like tunes you dont like well boo hoo welcome to reality, in a world of evolving music i fathom why people just cant shrug a bad tune off and find something they like, just focus on what they like

Music owes you nothing, if you dont like it move elsewhere, its that simple

coz thats how you came across calling me a derp and that the topic was redundant and basically waste,

the whole thread has turned into i hate this i hate that blah blah blah tbh and the concept has been lost anyway,

As i said i was just intrested to find out what anthems / big tunes within our scene people never really got into and maybe to see if hype surrounding a tune carries it to cult status but it has turned into a melay of dog shit with people slating artists,genres and labels.

btw i have always focused on what i like mate and there are quite few tunes that have been mentioned in this thread that i love like militant , swamp thing but it doesnt sway how i feel about them coz the next man isnt feeling it , ive dj'd for 20 years and never been swayed by anything but my own preference.

Last edited:
always amazes me when talking tunes with people what the different tastes are and just what people are feeling, so this thread is to name those huge tunes your just never got into

a few of mine

Pulp Fiction - never got the hype around this
Its Jazzy - it sounds like a pulp fiction remix and the intro sounds shit
Marka - just not my thing
No Diggity - awful
Represent (chase and status rmx) - not a patch on the original

there will be more !!!
a lot of tunes on the dnbareana cds are shit.....who decides what goes on them i wonder??.......

And also goldies timeless.......i never owned it, never played it and i've seen it clear dancefloors...sorry, i really dont get it.

dont agree with pulp fiction.....except i will say there was no need for the re-edit........

.......oh super sharpe shooter (PMSL)...argh...........And i really cant stomach "arsonist"

a lot of tunes on the dnbareana cds are shit.....who decides what goes on them i wonder??.......

And also goldies timeless.......i never owned it, never played it and i've seen it clear dancefloors...sorry, i really dont get it.

dont agree with pulp fiction.....except i will say there was no need for the re-edit........

.......oh super sharpe shooter (PMSL)...argh...........And i really cant stomach "arsonist"

Agreed about the pulp fiction re-edit that was even worse again for me , loved super sharp shooter and arsonist at the time just heard them way too much now but they will still get drawn for a classic anthem old skool set defo :)

i think the thing with pulp fiction was it was so different and groundbreaking at the time of release from things like set speed , lighter , bonanza kid and this style with its flawless production and warm heavy bass it stood out , just never floated my boat with its trumpet and stuff , maybe a bit of an amen at some point in the track would have changed that for me possibly dunno.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom