Best headphones for dnb production?

cohma101

I'm wondering which headphones are best for production. I have Beyerdynamic's DT 990 pro. The problem I'm having is, their just not bass heavy. I know their made for crisp highs and mids and they sound great, but every time I finish a track and double check it in the studio or anywhere else, the highs and mids are weak and the bass muddy as hell!:mad: So then I have to re master the whole thing. I'm looking for headphones that I can work on a track from start to finish, and have confidence that its at least close to ready for mp3.

Hd25s are good for DJing etc as even though they're on-ear the noise cancellation and flat response is great. However I feel they lack low end. Ideally you want a decent pair of open backed phones as they will provide a more accurate representation. Someone will be along to no doubt prove me wrong. I guess you can use any headphones as long as you learn how they sound and adjust the mix accordingly.

I have Beyerdynamic's DT 770 pro, never had problems with the sub. I recommend using as many sets of speakers as you can when checking the mixdown, to make sure it sounds good even on shitty speakers.

Yeah, I check my mix downs on everything anyway. I just need to hear some bass! with the beyerdynamics, you can forget about sub bass. Their open backed too. Thanks.

what about DT880 ? They are semi-open which meand they shoud have better bass response then just open.

I want to buy them actually soon. But didnt have a chance to test them. But came out as one of best in SOS magazine. Try to google the article out.

if u are looking really for the bass in headphones try Technics RP-DJ1210. I use them only for djing. They are really heavily bassed. U might like it.

R.

Back
Top Bottom