Searching for a teacher.

Salvadorian

Yo guys, a new dude here. The title says it, I really need your help guys. I am searching for a teacher for creating DNB tracks (Like Netsky's remix on Rusko's Everyday song) on the pc, I am using windows. I am sorry if my thread is in the wrong place, I am new here. (DOESN'T MATTER WHICH PROGRAM- FL STUDIO AND OTHERS.)

Uhh bro XD You jokin? LOL! If it was that easy, wasn't everyone going to do it. It's not that easy bro, that's why I am asking for a help, I know you are even better than me, I shouldn't say to you how hard it is. I don't want to just rip some drops and basses, but to create mine and get better and better.

If you think anyone here is going to seriously teach you how to make more stuff like "Everyday (Netsky Remix)" then you are sadly mistaken :(

OP, don't listen to these trolls.

I am a professional DNB teacher and have taught some of the most influential names in the history of DNB (Camo & Krooked, Boris 'Netsky' Johnson, the list could go on...)

I will teach you everything you need to know.

Electronic music production is quite literally one of the most uncoverable secrets of the internet. If it was easy enough to teach someone/learn how to make anything even remotely at the same level as netsky, we would all be boris.

If you are actually interested in making music, f* having a teacher. You need to buy your daw of choice and start teaching yourself. Reading tutorials are a bonus, but music generating programs are essentially an open source program. Theres not just one way to do anything, and your own discovery and manipulation is what leads to individual creation.

If you expect anyone to genuinely give up their (in many cases) years of dedication and experience to pass on for free, you are sadly mistaken. While I cannot speak for everyone, the secrets to creating marketable music are going to forever be guarded.

Nice post^

Just start producing and I think we can help you with every question you have along the way.

youtube is a good teacher.
search for tutorial and then the DAW you have (FL)

I very much doubt you will find anyone to "teach" you - unless you go to a college and take a music production course.

OP, don't listen to these trolls.

I am a professional DNB teacher and have taught some of the most influential names in the history of DNB (Camo & Krooked, Boris 'Netsky' Johnson, the list could go on...)

I will teach you everything you need to know.

Thank you. Look at your PM's, Ive asked you a few things about that what you said.

we can all help you - but you just need to ask a specific question m8.
Like "how to make this particualr sound" or "How to eq drums"
But if you ask - how to be like Netsky - well if people knew that - they would be doing it themselves. making a ton of cash and shagging lots of women.

Best thing is to get started - when you dont know how to do something specific then post it up and we;ll be more helpfull.

this thread was painful to read.

Agreed. When did people become so irritatingly trolly?

Very

The only good thing i read was 'Boris'. That always amuses me... Boris hahaha

boris-johnson-yawn_667484n.jpg

On a serious note mate, if you really want to get started making tunes, get a DAW and crack on learning it. Like jimjimjim said, you need to ask specific questions or otherwise, no-one will be able to help you get better. Asking 'How do I be like Netsky?' is almost like asking 'How do I do wicked sick mega 3D graffiti?' Or 'How do I get a six pack in 10 minutes?' You're only gonna learn by yourself with years of practise and perceverence.

First off, I recommend you check out this:
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/108682-Tips-n-Tricks-for-the-most-used-DAWs-inside

Pic a DAW and get to know it. You're on a PC so an easy one to get to know is FL Studio. A little higher up the range would be Reason, Cubase or Ableton Live. I don't know Cubase but I know its very powerful. Ableton is also very good at a lot of things. Not my personal preference but I know that a lot of my friends use it and live by it. Got some seeeeeeriously powerful shit in there. Reason, although I haven't actually played with R6 yet, is seriously good at some things but falls on a few hurdles. You cant use VST's for instance. I used it for years and have found myself coming back from Logic to use some of the instruments and compressors in the Reason rack because I prefer their sound. Each to their own though. Just a few pointers.

(Also, while I think about it, if you are on Reason, you can follow a guy called 'BoyinaBand' on YouTube. Some really good tutuorials all the way through from compression and EQ to making UK Garage and Drum and Bass. He's here: http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwboyinabandcom. There is also another guy that focus' on DnB using Reason. Some of his stuff is dark as hell but he's a very good producer. I learnt quite a bit from him when I was starting out: http://www.youtube.com/user/loki1200)

Learn how to make beats to start with. Simple drum patterns and things to then layering samples.
Samples can be found here:
http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/2088-The-Breaks-X-Change-Thread

Also, there are shit loads of free samples packs for one hit drum samples. A lot of DAWs come with samples themselves anyway. Just have a look. The WorldWideWeb is your Oyster! ;)

When you've learnt how to use a piano roll and change your instruments and make drums and stuff you need to next, learn how to EQ and compress. Compression is possibly one of the hardest things to learn in terms of mixing and engineering so really look into it. Play with a compressor along side reading about it to understand what it does. These are your 2 most basic mixing tools. You don't know how to use these, you ain't gonna have any good tunes, let alone giving Nestky a run for his money.

A couple of tutorials for these are here:

I know this is for Logic but its a very good tutiorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-CoFUvj9Q0

Again, for Logic, but it'll help you get the idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HjYskicZRw

I would go on but I'm tired and need a piss. That should get you started though.

Mo fire :antitank:

Last edited:
we can all help you - but you just need to ask a specific question m8.
Like "how to make this particualr sound" or "How to eq drums"

This, although thats not an excuse for you to go spamming the board now with dozens of "how to threads".

Check out YouTube and search the forum and internet for answers. I highly doubt many people on here had a teacher to show them the way, many of us have just picked up the knowledge throughout our progression.

Quite honestly, I think just sitting around and fiddling with your DAW is the best learning experience - especially if you are just becoming familiar with how things interact one another and how sounds can change when effected certain ways.

Back
Top Bottom