Drum Packs

Vansnatch

Can anyone recomend some good Drum sample packs. I tend to write a lot of jump up. Any help is greatly apreciated :D

The vengeance packs is a great sample pack not just only for drums. Perfect to start of with, all my drum samples comes from there ^^

Edit: great sample packS, there are essential and house ones that I know of

I rate the Industrial Strength ones from loopmasters pretty highly.......some good single hits and stuff aswell as loops if you just want to get something down quickly.
Drum & Bass Tip Trixxx Vol 2 has some tasty bits aswell, the hi freq hits are real nice for filling the sound of a break.

IMO the vengance packs are pretty shit, i only ever used the kicks from them, now i don't even use them anymore. I tend to use more 'real' samples these days.

he may be a massive cock but the deadmau5 sample pack is full of great hits. lots of different sounding stuff to standard dnb packs as well

Cabbies loopmasters samplepack is brilliant if you want your drums to go for that seriously thumping punchy midrange grit

There's a really good snare hit in the free demo of Jungle Drum Kits vol. 2 futureloops.com/product-jungledrumkitsvol2.php called FL_JungleDK2_Namdapha_Snare3 (it's the last snare in the demo).

You have to sign up for a free account at futureloops.com to get a download link but it's absolutely free.

That's obviously a tight, jungle snare sound but I also like the first snare in DnB Rough Connections Vol. 4 bhksamples.com/shop/rough-connections-vol-4/ called RC4_Snare (1) (it's the very first snare in the pack). It's a really nice dance floor smash type snare. Sounds really crisp and punchy.

Best.

EDIT: I'm about to get KJ Sawka sample pack hoping to get some really live sounding hits and clean, classic loops. loopmasters.com/product/details/208

Last edited:
Deadmau5 XFer pack, Danny Byrd packs, Vengeance house packs.. Ableton has some pretty nice stock .wav files, and process of layer, eqing and compression can make drums better. :P

Back
Top Bottom