Audio expored from ableton skiping bits.

`Matt

When i export my tunes to Wav from ableton there will sometimes be little blips in the tune where is jumps/misses abit. Whats the reason for this? At a guess im going to say soundcard/latency issues.

Cheers Matt

PS: I can provide an example if needed.

exporting has nothing to do with the soundcard, its entirly done on the CPU, can you put a clip up? not sure what could be happening tbh, need to here it

exporting has nothing to do with the soundcard, its entirly done on the CPU, can you put a clip up? not sure what could be happening tbh, need to here it

Hmm im hitting 40% cpu use tops :/. Each time ive exported it theres been the odd blank spot like the one at 48 seconds in (not always in the same place).Dont hate on the tune aswell theres alot that needs doing on it, was just uploading it for a mate to listen when i realised it kept glitching in places ;).

Edit on closer inpection its doing it at 1.35 aswell

Last edited:
you should just bounce the master track to a new audio track and then find that audio track on your HD and use that instead. When I do that i dont get skips... at least not yet :)

Cheers ill give that a try. This is going to sound really nooby but whats the best way you could bounce the master track without exporting. Only way i can think of off the top of my head is set an audio channel to resample and record it in there :/

It isnt, cant afford to folk out for the license atm resession and all that. Its not really a major issue as i can still work in the program, im just surprised that i can play it back in the DAW clearly but not export the audio from it. I think tommorow morning im going to close everything i can on my pc then try exporting it, i may also change all the bass from midi into audio to save on the old CPU. Ill post weather it works or not tommorow. Fingers crossed!

is it a licenced copy? I hve never come across this issue before

^^THIS^^

Seriously man, if it's an illegal copy of Ableton, you get what you're given. I've never had this sort of thing happen so cant say what it would be, but I'm guessing it's a bug in the coding of the program due to the cracks.

I managed to get a copy with out any of the glitches today, I had to export an audio track and not the master tho. I think ill be purchasing a copy of ableton when i get my tax rebate for sure.

How many tracks have you got going on? Try save live set as (so you still have a version to edit later) then freeze everything you can and flatten all the midi.

Back
Top Bottom