Serato

rj_dnb

VIP Junglist
I don't really get it. I've had a look at scratch live on the website and as far as I can tell its a box that I can plug into the back of my 1210s and run time coded vinyls on. A mate of mine has some cheap time coded vinyl setup that he solely uses - would I be able to play 'real' vinyl on this turntable with serato set up by using some sort of splitter and switching line/phono? Or would I need 3 decks to play 2 vinyl and serato? Any suggestions or recommendations on serato vs traktor vs a cdj?

Serato has a 'Thru' mode in which you can use normal CDs/Vinyls so you wouldn't need to try and do it manually with seperate cables and such

So it should work in the thru mode just swapping the time coded vinyl for a regular one when mixing?

I use the SL-1 all i do to spin regular vinyl just flick the switch to phono and boom regular vinyl, i do find i have to turn the gain down a lot though when switching to regular and turn it up quite a bit when switching to serato timecode.

I use SL4 and just hit THRU on both decks inside the software and boom, can play normal vinyl no problem.

Plus plug rca's from mixer to aux input (or 3rd input if you have sl3) and can record straight from inside serato, even using normal vinyl.

Last edited:
Can you expand on this a bit?

-Mixer output plugged into spare input on serato (if you have sl3 with 1 input spare, use that, or on sl4 use aux inputs)

-Select record button in serato

-Select the input channel your mixer is plugged into

and mix :).

Also, when the fuck did that toxic crew sig go in there? haha, i sure as fuck didnt put it there.

Back
Top Bottom