DJ Fresh feat Dizzee Rascal - The Power

I hate to say this but it's grown on me. For what it is it is a lot better than some of the trash that gets in the charts

The tune's for homos. Not sure why there's a thread about it.

...although...I'd love to know honestly how he feels about this tune given that I'm sure a lot of people will buy it.

I dont get what all the moaning is about, everyone hated Fresh and then he brought out the Gatekeeper then everyone loved him again.
He obviously can still make amazing Drum & Bass but these guys must get bored, and they need to evolve, I rate the tune, if it works in a rave its done its job.
I personally would go f**king mental if i heard this on a phat system.
Listen to the Andy C remix here at 47:00 onwards :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b01g4mqk

Danny, this place is always the same. If something is in the charts or made for the charts then it's automatically shit and if a D&B producer/s wants to make another genre of music then he's a cunt...narrow minded music snobbery does my fucking nut in!

Last edited:
LOL. first off obviously this is not a DnB song, that's not the point...didn't know whining about an artist selling out could in turn cause so many people to whine even more. guess I'm a troll for being a disgruntled fan who's tired of being disappointed when people (not even just Fresh or DnB producers in general) pull this. when Calibre releases an EP with Skrillex I'll just embrace it. dude's just gotta make some cash right!? even if it blatantly sucks, at least we can look back on his OLD music and appreciate that, right? just brush it off and pretend it never happened. no need to discuss it or anything. that would be counter productive and pointless.

BTW, there's a difference between progressing and evolving as an artist and selling out. if you're making sugar coated cheese pop music for the masses that's devoid of any creativity you're not pushing things forward and to support that isn't "forward thinking." I have no problem with artists who change their style or sound as time goes on, that's a reality of music. but the majority of the time that's an excuse for selling out, FACT.

This is my 1st comment on here and I couldn't agree with you more.

Back
Top Bottom