Stanton 500 V3 Stylus Discontinued

rewerx

Cant find em anywhere, apart from cheap imitations. Obs not the best needle cart/stylus ever, but hard waring and great for leaving set up in the club for the monkeys to play with. Will they return? Should i get new new cartridges? Or is there an (official) stanton stylus that isn't discontinued that will do the job just as well. Got 500 mk II's on there atm and they seem to be doing the trick, but aint gna be able to get them forever.

Cheers

personally i hate concords

anyway. might be worth checking with stanton. just send them an email. there is probably a stylus avaliable that will work with the original cartridge

while we are on the subject. i have m447 which has a spherical tip but want a elliptical stylus for ripping old vinyl.. is there a shure one that fits in the same cart?

legend. thanks man.
dont wanna up to white labels, heard good things about them but happy enough with the 447s

Stanton 500's are fucking atrocious needles. Teddy what's wrong with Concordes? I fell in love with them the moment I saw them...

theres nothing wrong with them pap's
i just dont like them.

to me its like a new shiny anodised exhaust from the back of max power on an old classic car. just doesn't look right to me.

theres nothing wrong with them pap's
i just dont like them.

to me its like a new shiny anodised exhaust from the back of max power on an old classic car. just doesn't look right to me.

I disagree, aesthetically nothing looks better than concordes on 1210's. Makes the tonearm look more natural instead of hanging a great honkin hunk of 18th century phonograph needle on it.

My first cart had stanton 500 needles. They were relatively new styli etc and the sound quality was just gash.

technics1.jpg

300px-Technics_SL-1200MK2-2.jpg

meh....
maybe its just me

Back
Top Bottom