Yo Dawg heard you like to remix so we made a remix contest so you can remix your mix

msmith222

redbeard
VIP Junglist
The idea came up in another thread (about posting your crappy old tunes) to have a remix contest where you remix yourself. Take an old tune from when you were starting out and remix it (VIP it?). Start a soundcloud dropbox and post up the originals at the start of the contest, and the remixes at the end, most improvement wins. Could be a vote, could be judged, whatever.

I have to admit to not really having the time to moderate this, nor do I have any prizes to offer. If enough people are into this, is there like a forum protocol for setting this up?

Re: Yo Dawg heard you like to remix so we made a remix contest so you can remix your

that is a pretty good idea for a contest. funny thing is we did that last wednesday actually. no real protocol no, but it sounds fun.

Re: Yo Dawg heard you like to remix so we made a remix contest so you can remix your

Probably be a good idea to wait for the current one to finish and be judged before all the setting up for this one happens.
Should maybe think about how we are to choose which track to rework? Will it be the very first finished one that we have files for, or choosing one from the earliest we have...

I don't know :)

if the criteria is most improvement, people will be motivated to go back as far as they can.

Problem is I'm still "startgin out"...

Still hyped for this :P

Hypest hype for this

I'm up for this, I was already thinking of making a 2012 version of one of my 2009 tracks.

Back
Top Bottom