Favourite double drops

i can tell you it works key-wise. mr happy is 5a and tomorrows another day 7a, not such a big clash here, and imho, the rest is down to personal likings, altho i tend to say its shit aswell. guess i have to test it :D

i tested before i judged of course haha.

they might be close in key, but hey have verrrry different sounds

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

havnt posted in here for awhile,

icicle - minimal funk >> lomax - avon calling

i can tell you it works key-wise. mr happy is 5a and tomorrows another day 7a, not such a big clash here, and imho, the rest is down to personal likings, altho i tend to say its shit aswell. guess i have to test it :D

your keys don't work like that bro..

8A 3A 10A 5A 12A 7A 2A 9A 4A 11A 6A 1A

so 5A matches with 10A and 12A and 7A with 12A and 2A

not to say that 5A and 7A couldnt be mixed.. but on a key basis

Eh?

C minor & D minor sound rather..... powerful is a good word.. together. You must be meaning something I'm missing.

how does that work? if 5A is Cmin, 10A is Bmin and 12A is Dbmin they're gonna sound awfullll mixed together, semi-tone harmonies are grim

no im pretty confused by all this different opinions as i thought im not missing anything?! could anyone clear that up please?

okay, if a tune is in A minor (8A) it will more than likely mix well with other 8A tunes at the same tempo. Tunes in D minor (7A) will often also mix well with 8A tunes cos the D minor and A minor scales contain mostly the same notes (A natural minor scale - A B C D E F G A. D natural minor scale - D E F G A Bb C D), the same goes for tunes in E minor as the E natural minor scale also contains mostly the same notes as A minor (E natural minor scale - E Fsharp G A B C D E) A minor tunes should also harmonize well with C major tunes as A natural minor and C major scales contain exactly the same notes just with a different root.

so to sum up, if you look at the chemical key chart and the tune is for example 5A, it will (in theory) mix best with tunes in 5A, 6A, 4A & 5B. It should also harmonize well with 6B and 4B as they will contain the same notes as tunes in 6A and 4A respectively just with different root notes.

sorry if that was confusing, hope it helps

okay, if a tune is in A minor (8A) it will more than likely mix well with other 8A tunes at the same tempo. Tunes in D minor (7A) will often also mix well with 8A tunes cos the D minor and A minor scales contain mostly the same notes (A natural minor scale - A B C D E F G A. D natural minor scale - D E F G A Bb C D), the same goes for tunes in E minor as the E natural minor scale also contains mostly the same notes as A minor (E natural minor scale - E Fsharp G A B C D E) A minor tunes should also harmonize well with C major tunes as A natural minor and C major scales contain exactly the same notes just with a different root.

so to sum up, if you look at the chemical key chart and the tune is for example 5A, it will (in theory) mix best with tunes in 5A, 6A, 4A & 5B. It should also harmonize well with 6B and 4B as they will contain the same notes as tunes in 6A and 4A respectively just with different root notes.

that wasnt confusing, thats just how i thought it was from the beginning. thanks mate!

I seem to be unable to thank or rep this post, so I shall do it the old fashon way.

no im pretty confused by all this different opinions as i thought im not missing anything?! could anyone clear that up please?

that wasnt confusing, thats just how i thought it was from the beginning. thanks mate!

I seem to be unable to thank or rep this post, so I shall do it the old fashon way.

Alright so I'm not crazy then, good to know.

dont shoot me down if im wrong hear, but i understand mixing in key is all well and good, i just dont really see the point wen by mixing your changeing the pitch there for changeing the notes, and what key its in, so in theaory should it not matter, so long as wen the 2 tunes in question SOUND GOOD together? (i meen becuase you might be knocing them out of key and making them clash anyway?)

dont shoot me down if im wrong hear, but i understand mixing in key is all well and good, i just dont really see the point wen by mixing your changeing the pitch there for changeing the notes, and what key its in, so in theaory should it not matter, so long as wen the 2 tunes in question SOUND GOOD together? (i meen becuase you might be knocing them out of key and making them clash anyway?)

Learn to English.

yer that's right, it only works when they're the same tempo aswell

screw looking at a chart and checking the bpm, isn't half the fun of mixing just picking two tunes and finding out yourself if they sound good together, and sometimes the mixes you least expect can be the best ones, after a while you can select tunes that go well together most of the time anyways and that's part of the skill of djing imo

Back
Top Bottom