Favourite double drops

They have to be hand-reared like a little kitten, then eventually once they've grown into a fierce lion they're unleashed unto the unsuspecting masses.

:rave:

Basically a 'double drop' is quite a descriptive name for what happens - the DJ is playing one tune, and it comes to the point where the second 'breakdown' section comes (the quiet bit before the second 'drop') - and whilst this track is playing the DJ cues up and starts to mix in the second track. If s/he cues up the tracks correctly, and gets them playing at the appropriate times, then they can mix in the second track so that its intro ends (and goes into the main section, or 'the drop') at the same time the first track comes out of the 'breakdown' section and into its second 'drop'.

Andy C and Mampi Swift do it a lot, and some other DJs fail hilariously at it. The best results are obtained when you have two tracks with a similar beat or structure to the rhythm or basslines, and you can mix and blend between the two (cutting out EQs on one track at a time can also elicit interesting results because you have one tune's bassline to the melody of another) and if you get it right - get a second bassline which is in a related key (harmony wise, so a fourth or a fifth or the same key) it sounds even better.

Double drops can also be done by DJs starting their set with two tracks - and they both do their first 'drop' at the same time, Mampi Swift loves doing this, and has a few regular double drops which he likes to do. Everytime I've heard him he always double drops something with Signal by Fresh, which he then rewinds (as usual) and does again. The man's done more double drops than you've had hot dinners.

mine at the mo is
kniteriderz-matrix & fururbound
into frozen solid - subfocus
sounds fat as fuck.

Frozen Solid - Subfocus into stompbox - Qemists, or Number 1 with that new Hazard tune Killers Dont Die, thats fuckin sick

J Majik - Fleshwound /
Eminem - I am ( Rareform/Dope Ammo RMX ) "or"
Twisted Individual - Rusty Sherriffs Badge

Futurebound - Blind Cobblers Thumb (Baron RMX) /
Dennis H Christ - Pennywise
( get goosebumps typing it !!!!!! )

Futurebound & Jaquan - Check with the Vicar /
Rascal & Klone - Gallactic Jam

J Majik - Scooby Doo /
Rawhill Cru - Helpless (Roni Size RMX)
then flip to j Majik - Spycatcher
^^^^^3 punch Combo = :boobies::boobies: Puke on the dancefloor....Just gross as F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these are DoPe openers too

Mental Sharp - Farenheit [Photek] /
Nightwalker Ft. Dykast - Leap Frog

Infiltrata & Hochi ft. Mental Sharp - Street Science /
Nightwalker - Vice Versa

Noisia & BCUK - Meditation /
Mental Sharp Feat. Armanni & Sharpness - Hit Em Hard [Infiltrata & Hochi]

I find that usually u can only find one or two tunes that double drop perfectly together... So ima keep this information to maself lool.. Or u can jst check ma mixes :teeth:

double dropping is the best way to ruin two tunes.

PS. and i cant stand rewinds and people who call for them, just fucking pay more attention the first time, for fucks sake.

HTH.

RANT OVER.

You like drum and bass :confused:

of course, doesn't mean to say i enjoy dj's that use a poor cliched gimic to try and show off to the detriment of the enjoyment of a track, each to their own but that and rewinds piss me off...

stop start stop start, then over an hour i realise the've only played 6 or 7 tracks!

not saying DD's can't be good, as a good mix is a good mix, but they're few and far between and only encourage rewinds.

still, it's only my opinion.:rowley:

of course, doesn't mean to say i enjoy dj's that use a poor cliched gimic to try and show off to the detriment of the enjoyment of a track, each to their own but that and rewinds piss me off...

stop start stop start, then over an hour i realise the've only played 6 or 7 tracks!

not saying DD's can't be good, as a good mix is a good mix, but they're few and far between and only encourage rewinds.

still, it's only my opinion.:rowley:

Know where gettin sumwhere :rowley:

Back
Top Bottom