Favourite double drops

Mefjus - Distantia >> Phace - Strange Science (the drop after that break in the second drop)

Icicle - Timer >> S.P.Y & Kasra - Surface VIP >> Kasra & Enei - So Real (Mefjus Remix) >> Mindscape - Gene Labs

Enei - the Moment (Feat. DRS) >> DBR UK & Overlook - Stasis

Icicle - Minimal Funk >> SPY - Infiltrate

As said in my signature, mix is in the oven :)

Codec > Trainchaiser
Bring in Trainchaser 16 bars after the drop, when there's the switch(this may actually be the drop, but i'd call it a switch ha, get me??)

Pretty naughty though

I'm trying (with a lot of failed attempts) to try and learn cue points from 8 bars before the drop...so I can mix like I am on 3 decks but with 2?

So my example of this is:-
Dose - 9 Lives
June Miller - Snapcase
Mortem - Get Closer

Mix Snapcase into 9 lives. Roll out the mix for 32 bars. Then attempt to cue Get Closer from 8 bars before the drop & mix.

Reason for trying this is to eliminate the need to mix through the breakdown on Snapcase which is 32 bars of no beat, hi hat, nothing...effectively just trying to keep the mix rolling.

Reason for picking Get Closer is there is quite an instinctive stab 8 bars before it drops, so easy to cue to a certain degree, its just the process of getting 1 record off, another on and cueing in a matter of seconds...

Bit old but;

Dirtyphonics- The Secret
>>> Ram trilogy- Milky way (dropped on the 2nd phrase of 'The secret')
Hamilton- Deep in your heart
Subfocus- Juno

is a lil combo ive been rinsing lately.

sabre & kasra - designated >> Noisia & Upbeats - Dustup.

phwoarr. If you got a mixer with decent filters, try this one out and play about with the filters. Stupid amounts of fun.

Back
Top Bottom