the most annoying thing regarding music production

groelle

VIP Junglist
you cant actually be listening to tunes and producing at the same time, so you have to split up your free time between listeningand making tunes.

annoying as fuck, as i love listening to music but actually quite more often i sit there and produce myself..

discuss.

Ahahha that annoys me too. Sometimes i wanna listen to music or produce, but usually i'm like "fuck it i'll listen on my phone later" and producing prevails. To think of it i'm actually listening to music on my phone more often than at home.
But still, there are days that i don't open FL even for a second and I listen to lots of music then.

lol, im quite an addict when it comes to music.

I get up, listen to tunes on phone on way to work,
fag break, listen to tunes on phone,
lunch break, if alone, listen to tunes on phone or show mate "dis most banging tuuunnnee!!"
travel home from work, listen to tunes on phone
get home spend time with family (do not listen to tunes on phone)
then straight into the lab workin on beats with headphones on,
spliff break,,, u guessed it, earphones in, iphone out in the garden listening to what im working on atm...

considering i only average on about 4/5 hours sleep a night, i reckon i actually spend a higher % of the time with music playing in my ears than i do listening to the ambient noise of the outside world.

Latency is the most annoying thing.

Or when plug in delay compensation doesn't work properly and you have to set pre delay on pieces of audio.

For me it's got to be writers block!

I get writers block in all honesty, after every single finished track I do! It's like, I write a track, then directly after it's done, I get a case of writers block that lasts usually around 2 - 3 weeks! Right now I'm in the midst of a month long bout of it! Hate it with a passion! I want to be able to constantly have ideas, and results within my DAW! But alas.....tis not to be! And I accept it for what it is, I know soon I'll break it, and write something else! Just wish it was sooner rather than later!

Latency is the most annoying thing.

Or when plug in delay compensation doesn't work properly and you have to set pre delay on pieces of audio.

gooood, i hate that. never set up a pre delay, just bounce if that happens, saves you cpu too..

lol, im quite an addict when it comes to music.

I get up, listen to tunes on phone on way to work,
fag break, listen to tunes on phone,
lunch break, if alone, listen to tunes on phone or show mate "dis most banging tuuunnnee!!"
travel home from work, listen to tunes on phone
get home spend time with family (do not listen to tunes on phone)
then straight into the lab workin on beats with headphones on,
spliff break,,, u guessed it, earphones in, iphone out in the garden listening to what im working on atm...

considering i only average on about 4/5 hours sleep a night, i reckon i actually spend a higher % of the time with music playing in my ears than i do listening to the ambient noise of the outside world.

hear hear, although i dont like to listen to music on the outside and dont have to get to work :D

For me it's got to be writers block!

I get writers block in all honesty, after every single finished track I do! It's like, I write a track, then directly after it's done, I get a case of writers block that lasts usually around 2 - 3 weeks! Right now I'm in the midst of a month long bout of it! Hate it with a passion! I want to be able to constantly have ideas, and results within my DAW! But alas.....tis not to be! And I accept it for what it is, I know soon I'll break it, and write something else! Just wish it was sooner rather than later!

just open your daw and play around, download some samples, revamp an old tune or do the bootleg youve never had enough time to do - usually does the trick for me everytime!

still theres always ways around.

but its fucking impossible to listen to and make music at the same time. doh.

Writers block, and not being able to move forward with a tune and eventually sticking it in that 'project files' folder never to be seen again.

Started working on a tune when I found a really nice musical sample last night. Wrote a beat, some sexy high end effects etc in about an hour.
Booted ableton up 4 hours ago... I have got no further. Bastard. That 'project files' folder is looking quite the option right now. Just plop it in there and it will be gone for ever.

haha I always want to listen to tunes when producing, thought i was the only one. i've started taking regular breaks while producing usually results in a hot drink and itunes on full blast until i feel need to produce again

i pretty much listen music all day then if i hear something i like try and recreate it if i dont get anywhere back to listening and so on.lol

gooood, i hate that. never set up a pre delay, just bounce if that happens, saves you cpu too..

Its normally with pieces of audio mate.
I think its due to all of the routing I do.

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

haha I always want to listen to tunes when producing, thought i was the only one. i've started taking regular breaks while producing usually results in a hot drink and itunes on full blast until i feel need to produce again

:word:

I tend to bang out some Slipknot inbetween lol

The worst thing for me is spending too much time on this bloody forum and not on logic!!! Oh dear I'm doing it again now- right close tab, turn off internet. back to work!

The most annoying thing for me is finishing up a tune thinking its great, and then bouncing it out to play against reference tunes and realizing you need to go back and do tons of mixing corrections.

yeah that is annoying. too true. specially when youre feeling social after a few drinks and a joint. sit there with noone to talk to and no music playing. that was of course the whole point of going in the studio in the first place but still annoying. some people produce with the tv on though, what about that?

the most annoying thing is how much sound can vary over different speaker systems, when you think you've got a cracking mixdown and you play it on a rig and it falls apart... really need to invest in some monitors :mad:

the most annoying thing is how much sound can vary over different speaker systems, when you think you've got a cracking mixdown and you play it on a rig and it falls apart... really need to invest in some monitors :mad:

Check your mixes in mono.

Most soundsystems are Mono.

Try cross-referencing on as many systems as you can aswell

Check your mixes in mono.

Most soundsystems are Mono.

Try cross-referencing on as many systems as you can aswell

and above ALLLLLL the rest, cant stress it much more, can i?
KNOW YOUR F***ING EQUIPMENT

you can do your mixdown on any fucking system in the world, as long as you know it well enough. get some beyers or sennis, listen to an awful amout of (well produced) music and start cracking. you should know by then how it sounds like, do it ;)

sounds well easy and i dont get it right all the time myself, steady learning process and all that. but my mixes definately dont suffer whether i mix on my sennis or alesis..

i guess, although i listen to most music on the go now, as in whenever im traveling.

also i enjoy sitting down, smoking a few n just listening to tunes occasionally so ive always got time to listen to music

i think we an all agree the most annoying thing is your DAW crashing when you havent saved for a good 15-30 minutes!!
i try to click save after every change i make now!

Back
Top Bottom