the most annoying thing regarding music production

i think we an all agree the most annoying thing is your DAW crashing when you havent saved for a good 15-30 minutes!!
i try to click save after every change i make now!

Nope, disagree completely matey! Ableton has this wonderful system where if it crashes.....it can automatically reboot it next time you open it up, even if you didnt save it once!! A valuable commodity that I think all DAW's need to incorporate into their programming!

Nope, disagree completely matey! Ableton has this wonderful system where if it crashes.....it can automatically reboot it next time you open it up, even if you didnt save it once!! A valuable commodity that I think all DAW's need to incorporate into their programming!

yep, has saved me many times :)

yea but reason doesnt crash:teeth:
only thing that crashes is my pc so i save very often but i always seem to save as and make a different file with a 1 on the end etc end up with shit loads of the same tune with little edits is abit annoying finding the right one.lol

and above ALLLLLL the rest, cant stress it much more, can i?
KNOW YOUR F***ING EQUIPMENT

you can do your mixdown on any fucking system in the world, as long as you know it well enough. get some beyers or sennis, listen to an awful amout of (well produced) music and start cracking. you should know by then how it sounds like, do it ;)

sounds well easy and i dont get it right all the time myself, steady learning process and all that. but my mixes definately dont suffer whether i mix on my sennis or alesis..

yeah i've had a pair of 25's for a while now, really nice sounding, however i find that a problem that sometimes the bass sounds huge in them then on a soundsystem not so. i do use the compare to pro's method, just hard to find what little tricks they're using all the time!

and my Reason has never crashed either, biggup!

BUGGY SOFTWARE!!!

There is nothing worse than purchasing some new software that promises the world and then..... Error Message!

It's soooo shit. Then the next most annoying thing is the crappy support team these software developers have.

buggy software when you actually buyed the plug with money? can you attach a copy of proof of purchase please. just kidding, its cracked software thats the real killer, i think weve had six completely fatal system crashes from what im sure was those serial gens, you know what those things do? not only do they generate a serial or crack the copy protection or whatever but they contact hundreds of website with all your info. its not the most annoying thing though, the most annoying thing is finding time and not doing it for so long your studio seems like a life time ago and you feel like you could better just quit really.

I don't touch cracked software, It's not worth it. There is plenty of (paid for) software that just doesn't do what it's supposed to. Like all that automap stuff from Novation, it just doesn't live up to the marketing. Then you call the support teams and they are about as useful as choclate teapot.

But to be fair, I think having a hard drive crash when it's not backed up is probably the worst thing that can happen.

It's all good. However, the more practice the better. Just push through , sit down, get lost in your DAW and write some badass stuff. Hours will pass before you know it. That's my experience. It's also good to listen to other people's material too. Get an idea of what's out there so you know what to write and what not to write (creatively speaking)... But , all in all, write when you feel you the power of the music gods and go with it. LOL. I usually split my sessions into sound production and writing. One sitting will be nothing but working on my sound library, creating my unique baselines, synths, FX, pads, etc. Then the other session I will spend writing the music with these new sounds I've created. And of course, sometimes I blend these two techniques together (if i feel i'm not getting TOO side-tracked) and I get some good ideas flowing. So , it's all personal preference as to how you wish to conduct your sessions.

Also, aromatherapy candles are the shit!!

most annoying thing for me is trying to get the grove of the track goin.... and struggling with synthesisers and relying on fluke or sometimes tutorials to get sounds you want!

On my old computer I had a several sample packs and 1000's of different bass/drum hits/loops/fx's samples etc etc, hours and hours of searching for them on the internet not to mention dowloading them.

Long story short, that computer is now dead and I didnt save them to a usb or anything. Ohh well live and learn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom