And here it is again!

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
The worst case of writers block I've ever had the displeasure of being part of!

Been weeks now since I've opened up Ableton! Got absolutely no motivation for it! Sucks to be me right now!

Tell me about it man, I even try working on something in FL each day with no results, it's like whatever i'm doing (drums, melody etc.) has to be perfect before I move on, so nothing's getting done! Although today I did just try making some samples/fx of my own, automating things I don't usually do, got some cool sounds.

stop smoking weed? its a bit motivation killer if you smoke too much
if you havent been smoking maybe its time to roll up a doob

could also try redo/revamp an old song that you have always liked
like sub zero did with poon although that probably borders more towards some swagger jacking:P

it happens mate. just wait it out. ive gone months before

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

concentrate on other things and it'll be gone in no time

Can anyone confirm the too much smoking weed thing? Will stop smoking weed for a while help if you smoke daily? Progress seems to be really slow these days...

Too much weed can kill all kind of creativity if you don't have enough self discipline; the problem is it makes you so comfortable with whatever it is you're doing, so eating a whole big thing of ice cream and watching the first two seasons of American Dad feels just as awesome as laying down some phat breaks on that track you've been working on day and night.

If you smoke daily I suggest going cold turkey until the night terrors b2b cold sweats stop and you start sleeping regularly again, then just use it occsionally.

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Actually; what I really came here to suggest was for Mr. Fletch to work on those tutorials he's been talking about.

You'll get to channel some creative energy into something worthwhile without the pressure of having to do a track, and everyone will tell you how awesome you are for making tutorials and it'll give your self esteem the big boost you didn't know it needed.

Just my 2p.

you should try and combine smoking foil with fruityloops you get absolutely nothing done whatsoever. its a fallacy. the only thing that works in the studio is alcohol. i fked up my compo tune big time last night, slept 2 hrs before work, such a stupid thing to do, ffs.

easy mr Fletch.
dont beat yourself up about it tho m8 - you cant really force it.
maybe just open up Ableton once every day - even if you close it down after 2 mins. its worked for me when i hadnt used me daw for a few weeks.

i would open it up and go "no not today" close it. play skyrim (lol) instead.

In fact i blame skyrim for me not producing anything for weeks.

take it easy man <3

Yeah fellas I know the drill! Get it on a regular basis! And as for the weed thing, I gave up all drugs about 4 years ago, so it's not that!

sometimes i think the delay repetition of a sound is better than the original so playing with delay and assigning knobs left and right can be really rewarding. creating big carpets of delayed and reverbed stuff then filtering can make pads and textures and stuff. so just experimenting is with stuff instead of making songs is fun too, also, it leads to making tunes, sort of like making out and spending time will lead to sex and relationship if youre not careful.

Yeah fellas I know the drill! Get it on a regular basis! And as for the weed thing, I gave up all drugs about 4 years ago, so it's not that!

In that case, see if a cheeky spliff sparks back some creativity! don't have to get back into it or anything just see if 1 helps! Alot of the time it will from my experience!

i'm a mixed bag when it comes to weed... sometimes it just mongs me out and i end up doing shit all for ages, othertimes it helps me feel the groove

i'm a mixed bag when it comes to weed... sometimes it just mongs me out and i end up doing shit all for ages, othertimes it helps me feel the groove

Haha, i'm just like this too. Sometimes i'll listen to the same 32bars loop for half an hour and get bored, while othertimes i find a way to improve a tune.

I need to blaze and make tunes, normally all I can be fucked to do is sit and listen

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Been in the same position recently to Fletch! It's a bitch ain't it! :lol: Kinda back into the swing of things now though :) (Don't mean to rub it in!)

Here is what I will suggest as this helped me during my recent dose of the block!

1. Listen to some fresh music. I am into all kinda of music. Before I started producing I was much more focused into the rock/metal scene though and would always be seeking out those sorts of albums. I would listen to like Deathcore Metal, Rock n Roll, Punk, Techno, etc. and the whole Dubstep/DnB thing, whilst I loved it, I was really not wised up on the new tunes, releases etc. Since I started producing and djing though its kinda flipped. I keep more of a track on the Electronic releases and whilst I know of the rock releases I never get the time to listen to them!

Anyways, the point I am getting at here is go back and listen to stuff you missed :) I checked out the new(ish) Arctic Monkeys releases and also listened the new Kasabian album a few times :) After that I kinda could lay some tunes down again :D

2. Give yourself some targets or goals! Thats how the outcome of my EP was good is because I was constantly working on it, like, non stop!

I decided to set myself a little plan again :) I won't go into details but just to throw it out there I got some stuff I am actually excited about going down now :)

So like, give yourself a goal, or a target, or what you want to achieve with your next batch of tracks!

3. Collab or Remix. This helps push you in the right direction I guess. I started up a remix and having something to work with already just made it easier to squeeze something out :)

Anyways, hope my post gives you some idea! Look forward to hearing some fresh music from ya soon ;)

Try new effects or methods. Granulising and layering will keep anyone busy for a long time. ;)

Yeah mate, best thing to do would be just try and do something different for a change, at least that's what is working for me. I just fuck around with some different plugins or effects that I normally don't use and very often something nice comes forth. Also sampling is worth to try, I sometimes get the best ideas from just a sample I took from an old record or other source. The fun thing is that the inspiration you're looking for is lying everywhere, you just need to find it by looking for some interesting things... But you've probably done this already right Fletch? ;)

Then I would consider making something completely different genre wise, try making some softer progressive house or something and see what you can come up with. Or maybe become mental and start making a gabber track! :P LOL

Then I would consider making something completely different genre wise, try making some softer progressive house or something and see what you can come up with. Or maybe become mental and start making a gabber track! :P LOL

:word:

I remember having issues making D&B so I experimented with some kinda minimal 128 thing then I ended up turning it into a D&B tune

Back
Top Bottom