User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to blaze and make tunes, normally all I can be fucked to do is sit and listen

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: And here it is again!

Been in the same position recently to Fletch! It's a bitch ain't it! Kinda back into the swing of things now though (Don't mean to rub it in!)

Here is what I will suggest as this helped me during my recent dose of the block!

1. Listen to some fresh music. I am into all kinda of music. Before I started producing I was much more focused into the rock/metal scene though and would always be seeking out those sorts of albums. I would listen to like Deathcore Metal, Rock n Roll, Punk, Techno, etc. and the whole Dubstep/DnB thing, whilst I loved it, I was really not wised up on the new tunes, releases etc. Since I started producing and djing though its kinda flipped. I keep more of a track on the Electronic releases and whilst I know of the rock releases I never get the time to listen to them!

Anyways, the point I am getting at here is go back and listen to stuff you missed I checked out the new(ish) Arctic Monkeys releases and also listened the new Kasabian album a few times After that I kinda could lay some tunes down again

2. Give yourself some targets or goals! Thats how the outcome of my EP was good is because I was constantly working on it, like, non stop!

I decided to set myself a little plan again I won't go into details but just to throw it out there I got some stuff I am actually excited about going down now

So like, give yourself a goal, or a target, or what you want to achieve with your next batch of tracks!

3. Collab or Remix. This helps push you in the right direction I guess. I started up a remix and having something to work with already just made it easier to squeeze something out

Anyways, hope my post gives you some idea! Look forward to hearing some fresh music from ya soon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try new effects or methods. Granulising and layering will keep anyone busy for a long time.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah mate, best thing to do would be just try and do something different for a change, at least that's what is working for me. I just fuck around with some different plugins or effects that I normally don't use and very often something nice comes forth. Also sampling is worth to try, I sometimes get the best ideas from just a sample I took from an old record or other source. The fun thing is that the inspiration you're looking for is lying everywhere, you just need to find it by looking for some interesting things... But you've probably done this already right Fletch?

Then I would consider making something completely different genre wise, try making some softer progressive house or something and see what you can come up with. Or maybe become mental and start making a gabber track! :P LOL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARTFX View Post

Then I would consider making something completely different genre wise, try making some softer progressive house or something and see what you can come up with. Or maybe become mental and start making a gabber track! :P LOL

I remember having issues making D&B so I experimented with some kinda minimal 128 thing then I ended up turning it into a D&B tune
    [CENTER]Go beyond the presets.

Catch me on Twatter. Rarely. At at http://twitter.com/@SamVariation

http://soundcloud.com/variation

Quote Originally Posted by logikz View Post
    I COULD DO THAT IN A FKING NINTENDO. THIS THREAD IS SHIT.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 835 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

or try and make a tune not using a daw. just use cooledit. its how burial works you know, how cool is that.
    .http://www.easternpromiseaudio.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jungalist-Murda to Dylan (Freak Recordings)
    so you claim man but iz diz clam shot real? prolly another one of your fackin lie's ya erd me
    everything & could possible do

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i got writers block i just make snares or try other genres like that dance tune i did fletch

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

im still tryin to figure out the kinda bass in harvest - militant n generally that serum jungle bass :/
    KillaHurtz - Cumbria's newest DnB night

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what all the others said, stop smoking weed for a bit

save that joint for when youve just finished a track n its well worth it

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually when i'm all lost for creativity and have no motivation, i just cruise for samples like drums, FX, etc. until i find a certain fx or something where i think "this would go so good with something!". i just start out with a simple beat, nothing really done to it except mastering, make my melody pads, etc. until i find something in it. i went 4 months then i couldn't stand it no longer, you really just need to keep pushing, lol

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by modern View Post
    usually when i'm all lost for creativity and have no motivation, i just cruise for samples like drums, FX, etc. until i find a certain fx or something where i think "this would go so good with something!". i just start out with a simple beat, nothing really done to it except mastering, make my melody pads, etc. until i find something in it. i went 4 months then i couldn't stand it no longer, you really just need to keep pushing, lol
    i find inspiration in pictures, stuff outside, etc. too, anything really. try that if you haven't already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12