DnB Still Alive - Straylight (New liquid track)

I don't know how long you have been producing, but for first attempt it is so dope, I love it, but change a bit outro cause it makes me feel like it gonna drop, but it just ends. Basicly good work, really enjoyed it

I'v been producing other stuff for a while, just not really Drum&Bass. Ill take a look at the outro, thanks alot for the advice!

yeah i think the drums aren't quite big enough for a track like this, but it is real obvious you have been producing a bit before...nice tune. personally i love the outro, high energy tunes that just drop the mic and walk offstage are my favorite. plus, no one ever listens to the end, just have fun with it.

Thanks guys! I do really need to work on my drum production, got any advice on it? i use paralel compresion to bring them out a bit more but even then they do still sound a bit weak.

Cool track man.. Agree on the drum comments, think they need to roll a bit more?

I don't reckon there's much wrong with the drums, maybe try turning everything else down a bit?

Thanks for all the awesome feedback guys! @logikz Cheers! i started of producing chiptune music so maby that has something to do with it @spyre Im going to work on the mix to bring everything aside from the drums down a bit before re-mastering it @logikz i've always had trouble with progresion, keeping it interesting while still keeping everything tied together, im gona loook into working on that somemore!

This is actually a really good tune! Love all the sounds you put in there, I like that blip blop-bouncy feeling it gives. After listening to it twice, I feel like I would want something to make it slam harder when it drops, maybe try to put some distorted kind of crash or something there. Great job! :D

Thanks guys! I do really need to work on my drum production, got any advice on it? i use paralel compresion to bring them out a bit more but even then they do still sound a bit weak.

something else that can be helpful, in addition to parallel (which i view as essential) - everyone talks about subtractive eq, which is VERY important, but have you also boosted your main frequencies? for example, boost (wide Q) around 200Hz for your snare, 80-100Hz for your kick, etc... also maybe try a little distortion - camelphat is good here - on the whole drumkit.

The snares are boosted at 200Hz and 3000Hz with a cut at 500Hz and the kicks are boosted around the 100Hz while all the breaks and percusion samples are highpassed between 200-300Hz to stop them interfering. It sounds good at first, its just when they're mixed with all the other layers of the track that they seem too loose punch.

Nice one :) Melodic ! Love the vocal bits too!

How long you been producing bro? Sounding really smooth. :)

Thanks man! i've been messing about with different styles for about two years, but im starting to try and be a bit more technical and serious now.

No problem bro :D Your mixdowns/mastering is sounding really good to me, big ups!

Will keep and ear out for more from you :)

Back
Top Bottom