On your average tune how many different tracks do you have?

By track you mean channels?? If that is the case, back in day I used only 5. Now it's between 9-12 channels per track. With all due respect, don't give shit that it is not enough for D&B. For my sound it is. :)

I usually have ~14 simply becaus ethat's the amount of tracks that the big mixer in reason has :D

Drums range from 20-40 channels but get all mashed into an internal mixer in the combinator so that i can easily apply some send effects (snare, kick, tops/cymbals, breaks, fx/fills).

I just try to mash everything that works together in a combinator (multiple layers of one sound f.ex), otherwise working with reason would be ridiculously chaotic.

But even if I say I have 14 channels, that's just the sounds/notes, i usually have twice that many automation lanes :teeth:

amazing to see people can actually cope with a project that has 100 or more tracks. If I have over 30 tracks, it just slows down my ideas and creativity having to search things too long. Usually it's more like 20+ per project.

Haha I'm not even joking either!

I dunno, as gay as it is, maybe the nostalgia of the track is making me side with you lol
There was this version going round that I used to hear in clubs with some rasta sounding dude sayin 'we wanna rock to the beat, and move your dancing feet'. I actually really liked that at the time.... Ain't heard it since tho :rolleyes:

EDIT: On topic....really depends. Roughly 20-30 can get ridiculous after it's gone back n forth a few times, and neither of us have stuck to organising/labelling things. It aint about opening someones project and trolling through stuff to find a sound that is shit/needs fixing.

Last edited:
amazing to see people can actually cope with a project that has 100 or more tracks. If I have over 30 tracks, it just slows down my ideas and creativity having to search things too long. Usually it's more like 20+ per project.

thats one of my favorite things about abletons Groups, makes dealing with large projects much simpler

Back
Top Bottom