dnbforum production competition spring 2012

God there's suddenly so many contest, how can I ever keep up!??!?!
I'll be in, hopefully T_T

Thanks for this, though, it's lovely to finally see some action going on here again! :)

Just here to say I'm bowing out of the compo, I got some cool stuff going but tbh I can't really make dnb that well and my heart just isn't in it to make a dnb tune. Rest assured though, these samples will defo be making appearances in upcoming projects of mine, especially those sick atmospheric bits.

Big up to Labrat for the pack though and good luck to everyone still in the running! Looking forward to hearing all your big tracks!

Just here to say I'm bowing out of the compo, I got some cool stuff going but tbh I can't really make dnb that well and my heart just isn't in it to make a dnb tune.!

Who knows what dnb will become in the future tho? Maybe just like the stuff you came up with:idea:

Just here to say I'm bowing out of the compo, I got some cool stuff going but tbh I can't really make dnb that well and my heart just isn't in it to make a dnb tune.!

Who knows what dnb will become in the future tho? Maybe just like the stuff you came up with:idea:

exactly, what music sounds like in the future is up to you to decide, probably sounds nothing like today. you could make any kind of tune long as as close a representation as you can manage to your vision of future future. future.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Fuck yes, I'm in! After 2 months of Indochina I'm full of futuristic vibes... and bamboo... bit of lau lao.... aces.

brilliant old boy, thumb over hand, give it some wellie hey! nucleoid, looking forward to your contribution.

alright i got a beat going, i made a drumkit from the sub. its not super futuristic yet but i got a beat going. wonder if anyones gonna do vocals

:shabba:

I'm quite liking mine so far, but don't think it's too futuristic enough yet though.. Must go back in on it today and not end up making another track like i always seem to :D

i noticed my brain freezes if i focus too much on being futuristic, so i figured id make a beat and then swag it up with futuristic stuffs later. swooshy fx with 8bit blirp blarp and and bitcrush, well futuristic that ent it m8

future dnb sounds quite a lot like our own contemporary dnb doesnt it :lol:
dnb is very futuristic as it is tbh. i been sat working on the tune and slept 3 hrs last night,
fucked up the song and slept three hrs, brilliant isnt it. im off to sleep in the showers

Finally got something rolling! just went all experimental, thought i might aswell do something i never normally would when approaching a tune. Dunno if its futuristic though

hows everyone doing? i took the creative decision to replace all drums with square waves last night which is well futuristic and sounds utter balls soooo got to remember to save before doing any drastic changes, i now have some reconstructing to do. alls in all i got like 45 seconds. remember, at the deadline submit whatever you got, doesnt have to be a full tune or nothing.

hows everyone doing? i took the creative decision to replace all drums with square waves last night which is well futuristic and sounds utter balls soooo got to remember to save before doing any drastic changes, i now have some reconstructing to do. alls in all i got like 45 seconds. remember, at the deadline submit whatever you got, doesnt have to be a full tune or nothing.

If thats the case I'll still submit the shitty intro I done :lol:

no worries :
Submission deadline - 4/8/2012

So like we got till august man. its not like we only have 2 weeks..................

:monkey::shittin:

got a full tune and it rocks :D

some harsh issues regarding the drop and mixdown tho. bass wont play on the 1 of the drop and the mix is ubershit cause dem drums arent punchy enough. FUUUUUUUU

some harsh issues regarding the drop and mixdown tho. bass wont play on the 1 of the drop and the mix is ubershit cause dem drums arent punchy enough. FUUUUUUUU

^^ this.
freaky i am having very simailr probs - thought it was just me being shite.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

oh but in the future the bass never plays on the 1 - which is well handy :D

the drums arent punchy enough? you mean like the samples arent punchy to begin with? well its not a loop masters sample pack from ez rollers, come on my old son, you know good and well you have to spicy up these samples yourself, you saying you dont know how to make punchy drums? i doubt that i really do.

as for your mixdown, just z-borgen the stereo pass then high filter the bandspan and sidechain it.

Back
Top Bottom