dnbforum production competition spring 2012

mr fletch - u using XP?
my sample pack went all funny on my xp machine and i didnt get no snare - also one empty sample.
pm me your email address and i will email you the ones your missing. got a win 7 machine at work and it saw the rest of the samples

Yeah, i think thats^^^ the problem. I'm on XP too and when unzipping i got some errors, and the same as the guys above - 1 empty sample and no snare/hats.

On vista with the right click-extract here option there were a lot of error messages but then it renamed the files automatically and it seemed ok. Ended up with 59 samples, couple of empty ones in there. Assuming the glitchy perc ones are intentional?

I think I'm gonna have to drop out of this one.......Without sounding too rude, I'm not feelin this sample pack one little bit! I mean, for a start, theres not even a snare in there anywhere, and the one single hi hat sample thats there is non existent, it's an empty sample! I mean, I'm all up for trying to think outside the box, and make do with what we got, but surely a snare and a couple of good hats would be compulsary no?

fletch, defect, dont drop out just yet, its not unzipping properly is all. check lucids reply, its got a bunch of hihats and snares and all. i cant do anything from here at work but maybe someone who got it to unzip correctly can send you the archive?

edit: jimjimjim thanks mate, could you upload to sendspace and ill put the link in the OP? that would be brilliant as it seems a lot of peoples got problems with unzipping the pack.

labrat can you confirm how many files is supposed to be in there?

Last edited:
ah brilliant, that was going to be my next question actually, thanks elmaruk. mind if i call you elmar? the uk bit is the country youre in i imagine? i carefully avoided the studio all weekend you see so i havent tried it yet, cant wait though, going in tonight. going 'ham', as it were.

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

there will be a new link to a fixed zip of the sample pack up today, never fear. i take it rorys on a mac, thats probably whats causing all the confusion.

ah brilliant, that was going to be my next question actually, thanks elmaruk. mind if i call you elmar? the uk bit is the country youre in i imagine? i carefully avoided the studio all weekend you see so i havent tried it yet, cant wait though, going in tonight. going 'ham', as it were.

Yeah elmar's fine, or ayala, either or. Yeah from the uk.

I thought it was good, had a wicked whomp in there. I think I have only one sample in which is blank.

One of the Verb tails for precussion i think. That may have just been me being impatient though

It is not problem with xp i also use it and had problem when unziping with winrar,try unzip with 7zip that worked for me..

seems like a loooot of processing has to be going on. especially dont like the kicks, hiend is almost nonexistant on those and some meaty snare is missing aswell.

buuut, big ups labrat for doing the pack, some nice perc in there and lots of stuff to get creative with!

got my beat going already :>

good luck everyone!

Back
Top Bottom