dnbforum production competition spring 2012

gods that reminds me i have to get in the studio and get this puppy casted asap.

so rollcall lads whos got something going?

i do, i know jimbo does, and i aldready received a brilliant submission so thats three, who else?

I'm just working on the second half of the tune at the moment, was all smooth sailing up until then but have had distractions, should be all good for the deadline though (I hope)

I have a skeleton, I just need a good couple of sessions making a bass and whatever pad sounds and it should be good to go :)

Seems like we are gonna have a competition going on here. More questions though:

Synthesizing is forbidden, but vocals are okay, so where the line goes? Synthesized vocals are not accepted in any circumstance?

^^
you can only use the sample pack to make your sounds. you are allowed to record vocals.
pretty straight forward.

anyways ive finished my effort. gonna sit on it for a day or so b4 sending. after hearing it 500 times i still dont know.
anyway it was fun making - probly wont be so much fun for the listener lol

might have a crack at this, to be honest i opened it up a while back got demoralised ( with a few of the samples missing and not working ) and since have been sucked into personal projects. Anyone managed to make a nice snare? i struggle even with my full bank of samples!

that sounds great, and yes, the submissions all have insane snares so far. the meatiest snares. dont know if you knew this or not but they dont actually have snares in the future. rimshot at its most imo imo

tomorrow is the deadline but we could probably extend for another week or so, is that a good idea?

DEFINITELY! Struggling with some meat on the kick, any rules on the length of the tune?

And I am going in the very limits of it to be even considered as D'n'B. ;D

Last edited:
logikz said:
Start date – 3/8/2012
Submission deadline - 4/8/2012*
Voting commences – 4/8/2012
Voting ends – 4/22/2012
Winners Announced - 1/5/2012

Is it just me who thinks that this means the deadline is at the end of the week and actually not tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom