dnbforum production competition spring 2012

yep fuck the noobs, limitations are good, there should be more then enough to make a few beats. looking forward to hearing the submissions

Hmm......I dont class myself as a noob (maybe I am??) and I agree, there are enough samples there to get something going, but they just dont inspire me at all! Maybe if I could incorperate them along side some synth programming then I would get better results but as they are, I just cannot find anything that jumps out and grabs me! This is in no way a dig at your sample pack mate, just personal taste!

think we are all noobs tbh! dont forget that most of our favorite artists have been making music professionally for many years

look dnb is futuristic enough as it is, i just want the competition to be a bit special and make mans take it even further in that direction. i think the futuristic thing has confused myself a lot, but heres the thing, it has to be drum and bass with your interpretation of the future sound so dont forget you can make the music youre used to, youre not asked to do IDM like aphex twin (unless that is your interpretation of dnb in the future then by all means, all submissions are welcome long as its your specific view of the dnb of the future it can sound like house or blues or a dishwasher for all i know it duttn matter). Nacons demo track is a much appreciated example of what can be done and it would be completely acceptable as a submission. just m e personally i would like some more futuristic ideas about it, and when you hear my track well you wont be too blown away by the futuristics, but its all i could manage. which is good enough, dont nobody be too hard on yourself, well probably get like three submissions anyway, its not too difficult to win this thing.

I had strong thoughts to quit this thing, but maybe I'll just push myself into working on this.

By the way, there has been said you can't synthesize own sounds, but if I import a processed sample made from the pack into a synthesizer and apply anything it has to offer, it counts as long as I'm not applying any other oscillators than the samples from this pack, right? Cause then I'm not technically "synthesizing own sounds".

I'm working on this new concept, and its really.. well futuristic :D
So far I started on a drum loop only, but it's sounding epicly weird, but comfortable in the meantime.. ^^

Hopefully I can make it into a cool song!
Any updates of other people so far? What are you all up to, I'm dieing to get some more inspiration for this futurestyle!

yup, christmas day is approaching rapidly and every night you spend outside your daw not routing circuits in to the future is an unproductive waste and you should be shot in the morning. this compo is teaching us the value of time if anything. i do have a thing going and its the best i could come up with even if its pretty mong.

Hmm......I dont class myself as a noob (maybe I am??) and I agree, there are enough samples there to get something going, but they just dont inspire me at all! Maybe if I could incorperate them along side some synth programming then I would get better results but as they are, I just cannot find anything that jumps out and grabs me! This is in no way a dig at your sample pack mate, just personal taste!

dont worry man just having a laugh, all good man. i know as well as anyone certain sound shit me and dont work for everyone. all the best man.

Back
Top Bottom