dnbforum production competition spring 2012

Started mine last night, and I gotta warn you all, there's only gonna be one winner...

Shame it won't be me :D

Good luck all

What about vocoders? Iv layered a few of them samples and run them through the vocoder effect on the KP3 to make a nice chord stab. Yay? nay?

(no stealing my ideas :boxing:)

you can vocode it as long as it still primarily sounds like vocals and not a synth. vocoders are allowed but it has to retain the qualities of a voice, so just pull back a little on the dry/wet and it should be alright i imagine. cant outlaw vocoders its probably the only means of communication in the future.

Its not vocals its percussion and drum hits vocoded. So its melody-izing the percussion samples into a kinda synthy chord sound. So it primarily sounds like a synth dammit

If I don't load any samples into my sampler (EXS24) results in a sine wave. Can I use it?

Its not vocals its percussion and drum hits vocoded. So its melody-izing the percussion samples into a kinda synthy chord sound. So it primarily sounds like a synth dammit

no thats perfectly fine, go crazy with any processing you might like on the samples, i thought you meant the vocals. thats perfectly fine that, rock on dude. hard. in the future.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

If I don't load any samples into my sampler (EXS24) results in a sine wave. Can I use it?

no t:m you cant, what makes you think you could? only sounds from the samples from the sample pack, with the obvious exception. but if you really need a sine wave, zoom in on sample, loop the tiniest waveform then lowpass, and resample. and thats a sinewave. isnt there a sub included in the pack?

no thats perfectly fine, go crazy with any processing you might like on the samples, i thought you meant the vocals. thats perfectly fine that, rock on dude. hard. in the future.

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

no t:m you cant, what makes you think you could? only sounds from the samples from the sample pack, with the obvious exception. but if you really need a sine wave, zoom in on sample, loop the tiniest waveform then lowpass, and resample. and thats a sinewave. isnt there a sub included in the pack?

I know about zooming in on samples, I've already done that a bunch because a lot of the synth samples has more movement then I really wanted. Just thought I could because I wasn't really using any synthesis, just the sound of the empty sampler. Alls good though, got some sweet sounds rollin'. It's finally shaping up :cool:

I know this is probably a silly question, but after the competition, will we be allowed to use the samples in independent projects, if someone should so desire? :teeth:

I think I'm gonna have to drop out of this one.......Without sounding too rude, I'm not feelin this sample pack one little bit! I mean, for a start, theres not even a snare in there anywhere, and the one single hi hat sample thats there is non existent, it's an empty sample! I mean, I'm all up for trying to think outside the box, and make do with what we got, but surely a snare and a couple of good hats would be compulsary no?

I think I'm gonna have to drop out of this one.......Without sounding too rude, I'm not feelin this sample pack one little bit! I mean, for a start, theres not even a snare in there anywhere, and the one single hi hat sample thats there is non existent, it's an empty sample! I mean, I'm all up for trying to think outside the box, and make do with what we got, but surely a snare and a couple of good hats would be compulsary no?

hmm... my sample pack has 4 hi hats, a clap, a rim shot, a break with an awesome snare in it aswell??

Mass Effect 3 came through the door Friday so that'll come as some needed inspiration i do belive.

Back
Top Bottom