Thought I'd make a tutorial for you guys - Atmospheres.

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
Never done one before so let me know what you think and if I should do another.

Hope you enjoy it. I'm using Cubase and the tuts on Atmospheres, how i like to do them.

It's not a step by step guide or anything as I didn't wanna do that. I'd rather show you how i go about it and hopefully you can take something from it.

So yeah, hope ya like it!

[video=dailymotion;xpamg1]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpamg1_making-atmosphere-using-massive-effects-resampling-in-cubase-6_music[/video]

If you are having problems with full screen then, http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp...fects-resampling-in-cubase-6_music#from=embed

Sorry about the volume. just turn it up.

Last edited:
wow man, I'm about 5 mins in. Just wanna throw it out there, I kinda managed to grasp a better understanding of envelopes from this! Not that that was your intention ! :lol:

Will give you more info when I am finished watching, so far so good ! :)

Shit man! You're clever.

Even simple little things like whacking lows in the left and highs in the right is something that would never even cross my mind!

Cheers :) And of course do more!

cheers buddy

if you guys have anything specific you want me to do one on let me know

Massive, massive, and more massive. It's great watching other people's videos on Massive because they all have a different trick up their sleeve for accomplishing different sounds, whether it be basses, pads, leads, etc. Personally, I'd love some creative ways to flex massive's internal sidechain (SC).

Cheers.

would have liked to watch this
but the screen is too small and i cant make it full screen:(
the volume is really quiet too

would have liked to watch this
but the screen is too small and i cant make it full screen:(
the volume is really quiet too

Click on the daily motion at the bottom right of the video and turn it up :P

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

nice one elmaruk, really clever stuff

Hey thanks buddy

Nice on mate, just watched through the whole thing- really want to make a ridiculously evolving pad of my own now! Gonna try out a few techniques but start off with a horrible dark atmosphere

yeah great tutorial man !! would love to know where you get your breakbeats ;)

Haha, well, theres this dude...

thanks all for the positive comments. hope you all took something away from it & ill be making another tomorrow if i can decide what to do it on.

Thanks for this tutorial, it was really helpful!
Finally got some new inspiration on making atmospheres :)

Back
Top Bottom