Advice on selling vinyl please

MrsJoyC

We have a few hundred vinyl’s to sell, has anyone got any advice on the easiest way to do this? I often see people advertising their vinyl’s and then re-advertising them so I am guessing that they are pretty difficult to sell.

In an ideal world they would go as a batch as the thought of breaking them down and messing around posting 1 or 2 here and there is missions but selling them as a batch could be unrealistic.

Do record shops buy second hand vinyl?

Or am I destined to sit down and individually list them all on discogs or similar?

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers in advance :)

discogs or ebay im afriad. try your local friday ad aswel. you can try the local music exchange shops but you will be lucky for them all to be taken off your hands

think htfr buy your old records but only certain one worth having a look tho

discogs or ebay im afriad. try your local friday ad aswel. you can try the local music exchange shops but you will be lucky for them all to be taken off your hands

Yeah I thought as much, ok wicked....thank you

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 ----------

think htfr buy your old records but only certain one worth having a look tho

I will have a gander, nice one for that!

discogs is your friend.
you will get the best price for them. its actually quite easy. just tap in the cat number, see what they have been selling for, select condition, enter price, job done.

selling them as a job lot your not going to get your monies worth.
im selling a few on discogs but i know some of them just wont sell so im going to try music exchange shops at a later date. maybe they will take them, maybe they wont. some tracks are being sold for as little as 15p so its hardly worth listing them.

i brought a job lot of 100 record mailers and stiffiners from ebay for just over £30

been doing discogs for just over a month. easily made £400 and I havent listed them all yet.
on first name terms with the post office guy now.
if you have any questions, give us a shout. theres a few things i wish i knew when i first started doing it, like postal prices to europe / rest of the world. grading tracks, discogs billing, paypal charges etc.

^^ may need your help with that tedz gonna go on a vinyl selling spree tonight! so poor!!

thats cool man. just hit me up. its quite easy, takes up some time tho, listing, packing, responding to emails, posting. but i do most of this during work time. unless my boss is checking my internet history, then NO im not. i do it all at home and in designated breaks.

there is some time wasters on there. people who order stuff then just dont respond or pay. they usually have bad feedback. you can set your account to only accept orders from people with a feedback % of whatever you decide. but i found this is unfair to new users.

discogs is your friend.
you will get the best price for them. its actually quite easy. just tap in the cat number, see what they have been selling for, select condition, enter price, job done.

selling them as a job lot your not going to get your monies worth.
im selling a few on discogs but i know some of them just wont sell so im going to try music exchange shops at a later date. maybe they will take them, maybe they wont. some tracks are being sold for as little as 15p so its hardly worth listing them.

i brought a job lot of 100 record mailers and stiffiners from ebay for just over £30

been doing discogs for just over a month. easily made £400 and I havent listed them all yet.
on first name terms with the post office guy now.
if you have any questions, give us a shout. theres a few things i wish i knew when i first started doing it, like postal prices to europe / rest of the world. grading tracks, discogs billing, paypal charges etc.

Wicked! So it is actually far easier than I thought, sounds like it is worth taking the time out to do this. Really appreciate that, thank you and no doubt I will be in contact with questions. Cheers! :)

thats cool man. just hit me up. its quite easy, takes up some time tho, listing, packing, responding to emails, posting. but i do most of this during work time. unless my boss is checking my internet history, then NO im not. i do it all at home and in designated breaks.

there is some time wasters on there. people who order stuff then just dont respond or pay. they usually have bad feedback. you can set your account to only accept orders from people with a feedback % of whatever you decide. but i found this is unfair to new users.

lol. yeah to be fai ri got bad feedback at first because i didnt know how it worked!

Back
Top Bottom