Traktor calibration

The circle with the line running through it is a sign of timecode mark 2, the original timecode mark 1 was just a circle.

The circle on your image is pretty fuzzy though. It looks like its probably down to your needles tbh, maybe the tonearm contacts. Give them a good clean, try again . .

When you say you got it working perfectly at a mates, was this with all your hardware apart from the turntables & mixer?

Yeah same lappy ect....
his system is a knackered KAM mixer and 2 mk2 technics with pro s concordes vs my xone 92 and mk5's with Djs (with the cheapo stylus) lol!
Might have to borrow his carts/stylus to see if that makes a difference, but when I play vinyl there is not a massive noticable difference with my cheapo needles.
Also coundnt get the track to play though my amp/speakers last night, just through the headphones, but that might have just been me rushing as it was about 12 when I got home last night.
Will try the new stylus and carts tonight.......and a clean of the contacts.
That bar on the right of the calibration circle nver reaches above that grey line either on my system, which I assume is essential...

Last edited:
Yeah, thats a guage of the signal strength. a healthy bar will be full and orange

Cool cool, got the mate's carts and stylus coming over tonight, so will go in again on it, suppose at least i had it going last night which eliminates the fact of the soundcard being broken.
Am kind of hoping its the stylus now, at least that is known territory for me. Will check and post back later

the weighting needs to be heavier on the tone arms with dvs vinyl as well, though i'm sure you've already tried that.

problem i had with serato was one turntable was internally wired incorrectly so had to swap it on the input to the box, that sorted out some issues, could be worth a long shot but doesn't seem relevant to your issues..

Yeah, mixing up L and R rca's cause a whole world of problems.

On my current dvs it causes the dvs to play the tunes backwards lol.

I went round my pals once, my laptop, my dvs, and plugged it into his bad man mixer, and it wouldnt work at all. Works absolutely fine on my piece of shit American DJ mixer though. Very strange.

Check your grounds too by the way. Too much noise on the line can confuse the dvs when its reading the signal.

Yeah, mixing up L and R rca's cause a whole world of problems.

On my current dvs it causes the dvs to play the tunes backwards lol.

I went round my pals once, my laptop, my dvs, and plugged it into his bad man mixer, and it wouldnt work at all. Works absolutely fine on my piece of shit American DJ mixer though. Very strange.

Check your grounds too by the way. Too much noise on the line can confuse the dvs when its reading the signal.

/\ This. The ground noise would definitely mess with the signal going to Traktor.

As previously posted, it sounds more and more like a styli/cartridge issue where the signal being sent to the DVS is not strong enough. Old needles could be the cause...or bad RCA's.

I hope it works it out man. There's nothing worse than getting new toys and not being able to play with them properly.

Cheers.

Cool, so ive finally got to the bottom of it, so for those of you who care, it was in fact the stylus.
Got myself to blame for being a cheap-skate and going for knockoffs, but, got there in the end.
What I did, was used one of my extreamly worn, old ortofon needeles, and got a decent signal from the timecode vinyl, and therfore calibrated the channel.
I then did this on the other channel, before replacing it with the 3rd party needles, which resulted in sucess.
Will have to go get the proper ones in the not too distant.
But for now im off to spank my wages on digital downloads.....woohoo!!
Safe for all the replies
Big up (y) (y)

Glad you got to the bottom of it mate :)

For future reference, when you take your traktor setup to a gig make sure you take your needles and something to clean the tonearm contacts with. Pretty much every set of TT's ive come across have needed cleaning before timecode wants to work.

Also, check out emusic for digi downloads. Theres a huge back catalogue of tracks on there, its all MP3 and its all cheaper than iTunes ;)

Back
Top Bottom