Vestax d3's over 1210's hmmm ??

st150-top-lg.jpg

/thread

turntables are like bikes, they all pedal around.. some have bells and baskets on them.

Technics = tank

Stantons = skoda - made by good people with good intentions but its still an inferior brand

And Vestax = Hyundai

fixed

now lets look at this debate seriously

technics are tried and tested now for decades. when there is a stanton on display in the science museum i'll shut up

yes other manufactures makes turntables with extra features that appear to be desirable.
they do this because the technics are near perfect, to sell their products as competition they need to boast something the technics don't have.
for example
extra torque - anything above 1.5 kg/cm is redundant unless your doing extreme turntablisim (which lets face your not and even then its not required)
wider pitch range - can be useful but if you have ever played a record at +16 you'll know it sounds pathetic

i've also heard of people saying the stantons have a "better more resistant platter, its makes less of a mess when you touch it to slow it down than the technics do"
what?!! you are mixing wrong, don't touch the platter, school boy error. if your having to slow the record down by force, your pitch is not correct.

the amount of people i know who have brought anything else have ended up replacing them
buy once, buy right.
had my technics now for 12 years - number of problems = none

its not worth killing yourself over tone, lots of people do it, its a bad habit thats tough to break. move the pitch up or down then back to where you were in a quickish motion. its less noticeable i think

Is it bad i still need to touch the platter on occasion!? I might kill myself.

It's fine as long as you don't do it in the mix :mkay:

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

As for other turntables than Technics a few brands flagship deck are technically superior to Technics. BUT if you plan on playing in clubs Technics are still your best bet as thats what they'll have 95% of the time (if they still have turntables) and the fact that they'll behave exactly the same as what you use everyday gives you one less thing to worry about. Even so it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 mixes to adjust to different decks if you are any good. Anyone taking it seriously should be able to mix almost as well on soundlab belt drives as they can on technics.

Yeah the main reason I went with 1210s is the fact that they are everywhere you are likely to play

In hindsight I should have got cdjs :teeth:

Back
Top Bottom