Repost: 1992 - The Summer of 1992 Vibe (05/19/02)

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Heres a repost of a mix that wasn't fully appreciated on DOA. This is my masterpiece that I've been trying to make since 2001 but it wasn't realized till 05/19/02. As I've said, this is my favorite and I hope you like it too. I'm very happy to have X-Cert "Strike A Dub" in my collection now as well, that tune is a masterpiece all in itself!

*NEW* CD Artwork:
1992_-_Summer_Vibe_CDart.jpg

Tracklisting:
01). Josh Wink "Hypnotizin (Hardcore Remix)" (Sorted Records 20190)
02). The Rude Boy "Return of a Simple Song" (Mutant Records 7)
03). Force Mass Motion "The Cutter" (Rabbit City * 001)
04). Dave Clarke "Parameter" (Sonic Groove 0121)
05). Tronik House "Up Tempo (Grooverider Remix)" (KMS UK1)
06). Isotonik "Different Strokes (Grooverider Remix)" (FFRR TABX101)
07). Psychotropic "Hardtime" (O2 055R)
08). N-Joi "Live In Manchester" (Deconstruction)
09). Sonic Experience "Musics Gonna Rule The World" (Strictly Underground STURLP2)
10). Sound Factory "Take Me 2 The Top" (Logic 07863-62371-1)
11). Carl Cox "Feel Real" (Perfecto 74321 10287 1)
12). Rhythm Section "Atomic Bass (Remix)" (Rhythm Section RSEC009)
13). Rhythm Section "Dream World" (Rhythm Section RSEC006)
14). Isotonik "Everywhere I Go (Fizzy Orange (DJ Hype) Remix)" (FFRREEDOM TABX108)
15). Smooth But Hazardous "Made You Dance" (Basement BRSS007)
16). Red Alert & Mike Slammer "Slammer (Remix)" (Brain 50)
17). Psychotropic "Hypnosis (SL2 Remix)" (O2 006)
18). Red Alert & Mike Slammer "Now Get Up !" (Brain 50)
19). Structural Damage "Really Livin" (Symphony Sounds 001)
20). DJ Seduction "Come On" (FFRREEDOM TABX111) *My favorite all time 92 track!*
21). Carl Cox "The Planet of Love (Break In Mix)" (Perfecto 7432116177-1)
22). DJ's Unknown - Vol.1 (Homegrown 002)
23). Rush Till Dawn "We Told You" (Basement BRSS005)
24). Slipmatt - Blackside (SMD #2)
25). Isotonik (Grooverider) "Rush" (FFRREEDOM TABX108)
26). Serotonin (Krome & Time) "Rumblism" (KT001)
27). Phantasy & Gemini "Ruff Beats" (Easy Repress CL002)
28). DJ SS "Djs Anthem Vol.1" (Formation 12008)
29). X-Cert "Strike A Dub" (Limited E XCK01) *My new favorite tune!*
30). Manix "Try To Love Me (Remix)" (Reinforced 1221R)
31). Cosmo & Dibs "Xultation" (Moving Shadow 25 Promo)
32). Free Spirit "Optical Illusion" (Insite INC2/124)
33). Fabio - Likes 1992 (Because its bad ass 001)

Download options (yes theres options with this one):

Download the 459kb Real Audio sampler.
Download the 128kbps 44khz 83.8mb 91.35min MP3.
*NEW*Download the 128kbps 44khz 72.6mb 79.23min MP3. This MP3 is specialy designed for CDR burning as its selection has been cropped. Also this MP3 is profanity free for use on amusement rides.

Amusement rides that have this CD:
01). Top Spin 2 - Big Splash - Elke & Henry Probst von Potsdam Germany
(http://www.topspin2.de/index.html) They were set up in Coney Island NYC this past summer.

N-Joi

Last edited:
After burning about 20 copies of this disc for me mates and my sisters that were ravin back then, it's become a bit of a cult mix round my parts, bigups 1992!

BTW: I know that you're all about '92, but have you got loads of '91 stuff too? A similar quality '91 mix would be badddd!

Re: Re: Repost: 1992 - The Summer of 1992 Vibe (05/19/02)

Yes, I've been rockin' this on Mini-Disc for some time!!!

"Different Strokes, for different folks, whatever makes you... HAAAAA-PPPPIIIEEE!!!!!"

1000 views on this thread... :eek:

Re: Re: Re: Repost: 1992 - The Summer of 1992 Vibe (05/19/02)

Wow! That means I really aught to upload my newly edited version of this mix for CDR burning. It cuts off the first two tracks, fades into "The Cutter" right before the Landlord "I like it" keys and then ends right after the Cosmos & Dibs which rounds it out to about 79 minutes.

FYI: infor, I have quite alot of 1991 stuff but its mostly on the stompy Belgian techno and played out anthem tip and I hate played out anthems which is why I've never been very interested in doing one of these. I also don't have that many genuine 1991 sets save for that one Grooverider set you see here so due to that I don't feel that inspired either. Perhaps I'll have a ~91 set by next spring.

Last edited:
Sweet set! I remember recording the first tune from a very commercial radio station around 1995, but I have lost the tape. Flashbacks... thanks for letting me know this tune again!
PS. I have one more ID for Grooverider's set at Sterns, which you probably haven't noticed yet :)

Now *this* is quality - Cox has (had) nothing on you son ;)

Wicked selection

Meeeeeemories...

WOW! That is the best compliment anyone could have ever asked for! Thanks, I'm glad you N-JOIed it and left this comment. - 1992

Last edited by a moderator:
Was reading this and just had to register to ask:

1992 mate, just what the hell is UK " 'Ardkore" ?

Please enlighten me.

Well... either you know the score or you don't. Mr. Motivator in your sig on BTTOS sure knows what 'Ardkore is, you can tell through the way he dresses :D - 1992

Wow... I can't believe I didn't find this site earlier! This is like a history lesson for me, since unfortunately I was too young to experience the original rave scene. Doesn't stop me from going back and doing my homework, though! I plan on jumping into the revival movement and produce oldskool flavoured tracks. So, 1992, just thought I'd let you know I plan on being a regular here. :rasta: Peace out. AE

Thanks, I'm glad you dig it, please feel free to leave comments though, most people don't which is a bummer. Infact I've taken a bit of a holiday from updating here because its become so dull and boring. - 1992

This is nice, reminds me of getting a free ice lolly at Kaos in Leicester in the summer of 92.
Cheers!

Wicked site, you just need some more top buzz mp3s like dance nation and DREAMSCAPE 3 (lost my tape CLASSIC!!!).

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy. I have that Dance Nation set you speak of, it will be up soon. The Dreamscapes I don't have though. I have LTJ + Phantasy at Dreamscape 4 however the audio quality is so horrible, I'm hoping someone eventually turns up a better quality version. - 1992

ardkore addikt said:
Wicked site, you just need some more top buzz mp3s like dance nation and DREAMSCAPE 3 (lost my tape CLASSIC!!!).

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy. I have that Dance Nation set you speak of, it will be up soon. The Dreamscapes I don't have though. I have LTJ + Phantasy at Dreamscape 4 however the audio quality is so horrible, I'm hoping someone eventually turns up a better quality version. - 1992
Safe just dug out all my oldskool tapes got 4 Dreamscape 3s (Carl Cox,Dougal,Picci,Sy,Mastersafe,Grooverider)Dreamscape 5 plus loads of others,just starting to convert them to mp3s 2 share with other Ardkore Addikts,KEEP THE VIBE ALIVE!!!!

thanx man 4 the mix i download it b4
4 weeks and i can't get enough of it
memories strikes back :)
Croatian 0ld Skool Addict
:rockposse

Nice 1, and Welcome! - 1992

OK, complete newbie to this site so trying to work out the flow and stuff so if this seems a little out of place I apologise. This site is the sort of link I've been searching for!
I got bored with the whole "rave" scene when it turned into happy hardcore, with the 4/4 beats and stuff, as I was into the huge basslines, chipmunk vocals and all the nutbag remixes that ended up on the scene. I ended up, (don't ask me why) moving toward the trance scene and am totally hooked but every now and then I find myself looking trough my old tapes of the good ol' days of 92/93 and wish I could get hold of some of the absolute classics I used to annoy the neighbours with. Searching through the Old Skool webrings only gave me the small candy, I was still looking for the king sized chocolate bar. Now it seems you may be the right place to keep my eyes on.
Once again, sorry if this message is in completely the wrong place, hope my input from this point on can be more useful and productive.

Awesome! Well in that case I'm glad you found this site. You may also want to check out www.breakism.com or maybe its www.breakizm.com which is run by my friend. Its much like this site only it gets updated more frequently with single track mp3s at 192kbps. - 1992

Back
Top Bottom