is going raving alone a good idea?

sonicjunglist

Aright so basically for the past few months my mates have been complete bellends and keep bumming me out every time we're gonna go clubbing. All i want to do is listen to some good music. I would go with just my girlfriend but 1. I feel abit skittish being completly responsible for her (shes never been before) and 2. Shes not even really into the dance music scene anyway bless her. :I

So yeah. Thinking of hitting up Fabric "London" for some good Jump Up Drum and Bass... But alone...

Is this a good idea? is it weird? When ive gone raving before I always end up getting lost on my own anyway so It can't be that different can it?

my mum used to go by herself all the time in the Jungle days and shes a Woman! (obs) XD

what should I do?

dont be a fag, whats the worst that can happen? you go for music not cuddles with your mates

To be honest as long as your not a nonce and all hostile to people you'll be fine.

Also helps to not have anything of value. ID, bank card, cash, drugs. Thats it.

Just talk to people in the smoking area and you'll be best mates with them for the rest of the night.

not my cup of tea, been to gigs on my own before and it;s not much fun, raves could be different mind, different atmosphere and everyone's all loved up on MD so making conversation with people isn't difficult.

not my cup of tea, been to gigs on my own before and it;s not much fun, raves could be different mind, different atmosphere and everyone's all loved up on MD so making conversation with people isn't difficult.

You answered that yourself mate.

Raving alone and going to gigs alone is COMPLETELY different.

Been to fabric alone before and had the best night i have had there. It helps that I know some of the forum crew so can chat with wayne, boudi, riisu etc.

Been to a few before alone but because I had to drive to get there, I couldn't really get on anything and felt extremely awkward. I'm sure nobody there noticed, but I would have loved a bit of alcohol to loosen up a bit. Would have been sweet if I decided to walk there or taxi (just expensive).

Been to fabric alone before and had the best night i have had there. It helps that I know some of the forum crew so can chat with wayne, boudi, riisu etc.

thats wierd.....The post i mean....Because i have been ravin on my own once and it was to fabric, thats mad.....and i had a wicked time, i got chatting to a few people and ended up going back to there house in the docklands.....carried on the party. The houe was one of them penthouse flats it was amazing..i'll never forget that........And apart from going raving alone, ive lost my mates in raves and spent the night alone.....there is a big differnce from going to a club / disco alone than a rave alone....

however be carful, like one of the previous people said, there are some spiteful humans out there so enjoy yourself but be aware......dont get mash up lol.

Alternatively why not post on here for like minded people hitting big events and tag along.

Can't say i've ever been on my own... Always nice to know you have friends about to watch you back.

I used to be heavily involved with DSI/FB meets and such so usually find a fair amount of people I know or have met before etc.

As others have said, don't draw attention to yourself or the fact your alone! Just mingle with a smile a few alright mates here n there and you'll soon get into a group of like minded (same wave length) people

Dont get too messy, and youll be fine. Youll probably have more fun on your own once you get past the awkwardness at the start.

at at multi room event its different sometimes prefer to be there on my own. Example when FeedMe was at fabric playing in room 1 all my mates were in there and I wasn't feeling it so went for a brock out in room2 didnt see them till 6am. Friction played a naughty set and i was chuffed

I went to fabric a couple times on my own and where I live now there is so much drum & bass but my friends either don't like drum and bass or are too poor to join me and probably go to nights 50/50 with and without friends. As long as you do your gun fingers at the right tunes, I've never had too much trouble finding someone like minded. Maybe we need a drum and bass dating service?

meh, i normally loose all my peeps within minutes of getting to rave... they usually just slow ya down anyway! i did it the other weekend and had a whale of a time (well, i was djing, but hung around after)

Been raving on my own a few times, had really good nights each time so I would highly recomend it!

Back
Top Bottom