Mixit Up Mix 2

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
EZ,

Recorded another mix today as I was snowed in! Tried to mix different styles to challenge myself abit. Few bits id do differently but thought is ask for feedback and suggestions. Recorded on 2 x 1210's

Tracklist..

Phace + Misanthrop - Whats Wrong
DBaudio + Dramatic - Vigilante
Cybin - Second Bass
Fresh - Heavyweight
Rockwell - DJ Friendly Unit Shifter
June Miller - Snap Case
Enei - Zeus
Phobia, Jubei + Sato - Atlas
Ulteria Motive - Divergance
Foreign Concept + Kasra - Show You
Wikaman, Hoodlum + Maverick - Na Fool Me
A Sides - One DJ
Subfocus - Stomp
Ed Solo + Deekline - Man Down
Benny Page - Turn down the lights
Mob Tactics - Hit the lights
Phace + Rockwell - Rat Race
Culture Shock - Protection
Alix Perez, Rockwell + Spectrasoul - Montpellier
Nuage + Thrn - Dont Exist (Anile remix)
Nosia + Phace - Floating Zero
Mark System - Love Dub
Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break remix)
Lenzman - Broken Dreams
Jmajik + Wikaman - The Ritual
> Hybris - lair
>> Nocturnal + Hybris - Pyramids

Last edited:
DBaudio + Dramatic - Vigilante - FUCK! thats how u open a mix up! take note! almost headbutted my screen!
Cybin - Second Bass - not heard this b4 - intro was wicked. the drop was cool, scared me a lil at first but was wicked once i figured out what was happening.
Fresh - Heavyweight - yeah not bad man. odd placement but still sounding cool.
Rockwell - DJ Friendly Unit Shifter - swish!
June Miller - Snap Case - odd place to bring it in but the blend sounded crisp.
Enei - Zeus - yes yes! this is the one.
Phobia, Jubei + Sato - Atlas - why dont i know this. great tune, great blend with it.
Ulteria Motive - Divergance - skills, outside the box! nice way to bring this in. i find this tune a bit of a bitch to blend, impressed man.
Foreign Concept + Kasra - Show You - yea
Wikaman, Hoodlum + Maverick - Na Fool Me - would have prefered the bass eq'd the other way round i think.
A Sides - One DJ - cool.
Subfocus - Stomp - nice
Ed Solo + Deekline - Man Down - yeah i liked this alot. should have ended the blend when the vocals came in.
Benny Page - Turn down the lights - shame about the vocal clash, it was rolling nicley apart from those few bits.
Mob Tactics - Hit the lights - nice, that bass sat wicked over turn down the lights.
Phace + Rockwell - Rat Race - cool, u got them eqd real nice so they sound as one and not one on top of the other.
Culture Shock - Protection - hmm not diggin this blend. good effort going between the styles with minimal damage tho.
Alix Perez, Rockwell + Spectrasoul - Montpellier - came in wicked. thought you were gonna get away with the vocal clashes at first.
Nuage + Thrn - Dont Exist (Anile remix) - smooth
Nosia + Phace - Floating Zero - wicked.
Mark System - Love Dub - nice man.
Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break remix) - worked really well. nice and clean blend.
Lenzman - Broken Dreams - real nice subtle fade out. great work, love the vocals on this track but hate the rest of it. someone needs to fix it.
Jmajik + Wikaman - The Ritual - yeah ok
> Hybris - lair - cool
>> Nocturnal + Hybris - Pyramids - not bad.

liked this one tone. proper varied selection. didn't get boring at all.
most of the mixes were cool. that opening one. who gosh, was wicked.

couple of vocal clashed i wasn't digging on but u got them sounding as good as u could once u were committed to the mix so well played man.

DBaudio + Dramatic - Vigilante - FUCK! thats how u open a mix up! take note! almost headbutted my screen!
Cybin - Second Bass - not heard this b4 - intro was wicked. the drop was cool, scared me a lil at first but was wicked once i figured out what was happening.
Fresh - Heavyweight - yeah not bad man. odd placement but still sounding cool.
Rockwell - DJ Friendly Unit Shifter - swish!
June Miller - Snap Case - odd place to bring it in but the blend sounded crisp.
Enei - Zeus - yes yes! this is the one.
Phobia, Jubei + Sato - Atlas - why dont i know this. great tune, great blend with it.
Ulteria Motive - Divergance - skills, outside the box! nice way to bring this in. i find this tune a bit of a bitch to blend, impressed man.
Foreign Concept + Kasra - Show You - yea
Wikaman, Hoodlum + Maverick - Na Fool Me - would have prefered the bass eq'd the other way round i think.
A Sides - One DJ - cool.
Subfocus - Stomp - nice
Ed Solo + Deekline - Man Down - yeah i liked this alot. should have ended the blend when the vocals came in.
Benny Page - Turn down the lights - shame about the vocal clash, it was rolling nicley apart from those few bits.
Mob Tactics - Hit the lights - nice, that bass sat wicked over turn down the lights.
Phace + Rockwell - Rat Race - cool, u got them eqd real nice so they sound as one and not one on top of the other.
Culture Shock - Protection - hmm not diggin this blend. good effort going between the styles with minimal damage tho.
Alix Perez, Rockwell + Spectrasoul - Montpellier - came in wicked. thought you were gonna get away with the vocal clashes at first.
Nuage + Thrn - Dont Exist (Anile remix) - smooth
Nosia + Phace - Floating Zero - wicked.
Mark System - Love Dub - nice man.
Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break remix) - worked really well. nice and clean blend.
Lenzman - Broken Dreams - real nice subtle fade out. great work, love the vocals on this track but hate the rest of it. someone needs to fix it.
Jmajik + Wikaman - The Ritual - yeah ok
> Hybris - lair - cool
>> Nocturnal + Hybris - Pyramids - not bad.

liked this one tone. proper varied selection. didn't get boring at all.
most of the mixes were cool. that opening one. who gosh, was wicked.

couple of vocal clashed i wasn't digging on but u got them sounding as good as u could once u were committed to the mix so well played man.

Cheers once again for the feedback mate! glad u liked the majority. that intro took me fookin ages to get right! in fairness this was probably the most challenging mix to put together with all the vocals and trying to vary it up. glad u was feeling it man!

fuck me, your getting prolific - every time i browse your on it with the next mix! big up, ill check this bastard out at lunch.

Just finished listening to this a while ago. I really liked it man.

Varied selection and mixed well, a few bits could've been a bit tighter but that's a minor ting. Sections i was feeling were:

Gutter mix. Had them running really nice man.

Noisia + Phace - Floating Zero
Mark System - Love Dub

I do this mix but the other way round ;) but still, wicked mix

One thing I would say is, i reckon you need to work on where you drop tunes a little better and take more chances with double drops. There were a couple of bits where tunes come in at slightly awkward places.

But other than that its really good man. Big up

Just finished listening to this a while ago. I really liked it man.

Varied selection and mixed well, a few bits could've been a bit tighter but that's a minor ting. Sections i was feeling were:

Gutter mix. Had them running really nice man.

Noisia + Phace - Floating Zero
Mark System - Love Dub

I do this mix but the other way round ;) but still, wicked mix

One thing I would say is, i reckon you need to work on where you drop tunes a little better and take more chances with double drops. There were a couple of bits where tunes come in at slightly awkward places.

But other than that its really good man. Big up

Nice one wayne! Cheers for the advice i sometimes have the double in my head but get carried away with the last mix so only have the breakdown to que it! Definately something i need work on. Glad u enjoyed it man

Nice one wayne! Cheers for the advice i sometimes have the double in my head but get carried away with the last mix so only have the breakdown to que it! Definately something i need work on. Glad u enjoyed it man

See, when i do my mixes, and depending on the tune, i only let the blends roll for about 32 bars, unless the tune has a long middle section so you can let the blend run and still have adequate cue time for a double drop. But its all just practise man

Back
Top Bottom