The return of Spor?

Spor guest mix this week on frictions show.

Spor ‏@spor 43m43 minutes ago
I've done a half hour mix for [MENTION=55680]friction[/MENTION]Shogun @BBCR1 tonight (1am). It's all unreleased, untitled music, and none of it is on my album.

I'm gonna be honest. I wasn't that impressed :/
Back when tunes like Ignition, Kingdom, Breathe In Scream Out, and Levitate came out, I was blown the fuck back when I first heard them; I mean, the first Spor tracks I ever heard were Brickbeats and Haunt Me, in a Renegade Hardware sampler called Future Beats 3, and even they were just raw madness.

Nothing in this mix really stood out to me... the lot of it sounded pretty generic... and some of it, I hate to say, sounded pretty low quality. There were one or two tunes around the middle that sounded pretty solid, but nothing groundbreaking.

I'm gonna reserve myself a bit and try to stay positive for Caligo, because none of the tracks from this mix will be on the new album, and he stated ahead of time that most of them were old tunes and experimental songs he has been fiddling with that aren't really finished. Plus, before the mix, they played "The Hole Where Your House Was," which I think WILL be on Caligo... and that one was fucking large.

So... mix didn't blow me away, but Caligo can still be redeemed.

Step it up, Gooch.

I'm gonna be honest. I wasn't that impressed :/
Back when tunes like Ignition, Kingdom, Breathe In Scream Out, and Levitate came out, I was blown the fuck back when I first heard them; I mean, the first Spor tracks I ever heard were Brickbeats and Haunt Me, in a Renegade Hardware sampler called Future Beats 3, and even they were just raw madness.

Nothing in this mix really stood out to me... the lot of it sounded pretty generic... and some of it, I hate to say, sounded pretty low quality. There were one or two tunes around the middle that sounded pretty solid, but nothing groundbreaking.

I'm gonna reserve myself a bit and try to stay positive for Caligo, because none of the tracks from this mix will be on the new album, and he stated ahead of time that most of them were old tunes and experimental songs he has been fiddling with that aren't really finished. Plus, before the mix, they played "The Hole Where Your House Was," which I think WILL be on Caligo... and that one was fucking large.

So... mix didn't blow me away, but Caligo can still be redeemed.

Step it up, Gooch.

Can't please everyone.

Clearly not you.

Alright, the Friction show has restored my faith in this album. Still nothing jumping out at me in the mix or the tunes played out so far but sounding good enough that there's got to be at least one massive track in there. Looking forward to hear what's on it now.

[video=youtube_share;uVvKu13Js7I]http://youtu.be/uVvKu13Js7I[/video]

So....this is in the guest mix, meaning it won't be on the album :shake:

worst thing about that mix is the fact that the slip thru remix is on there. Gutted that won't ever come out (unless it appears on virus at some point but i find it unlikely).

Still pray that Blue Girl gets a release, but i rather suspect that's a vain hope.

So Rene Lavice or Koan Sound has Spor's album, or are they discussing the feeling of people having their music before it's released without their permission? I don't really get it

all I saw last night was his 'pissed off' tweet and a tweet to KOAN Sound saying 'How are you listening to my album?'

Must be well annoying though really.

- - - Updated - - -

all I saw last night was his 'pissed off' tweet and a tweet to KOAN Sound saying 'How are you listening to my album?'

Must be well annoying though really.

Surely though if an album leaks, its the producers fault? I mean surely he must have just sent it to someone he shouldn't?

Back
Top Bottom