The return of Spor?

The drum and bass "community" seems to be more vocal at least, always whining on the feed me page because they want more spor. Makes me understand where he's coming from

The drum "and" bass community hates vocals though. I really enjoy tracks of his with himself singing

I think he had legitimate grievances, being told that you were "lucky to get paid at all" is terribly unproffesional and really not OK, how can people be expected to make a living off DnB if things like this happen? He would be completeley right about our award shows being utter tripe, repetitious and basically popularity contests (we need Oscars, not box office figures)! When he talks about fans not liking change however, I'm not sure that's entirely a DnB issue, it's an issue with fan comunities in general, fans are predisposed to not like change because they gather around things that they love and create a comfort zone. A problem arises when the thing being celebrated has become stagnant, because you end up with a fanbase who wont budge an inch and won't respond well to even a different strain of what they enjoy.

This would be a valid complaint about dnb from the time that Spor was most active up until he began work as Feed Me (2005-2008-ish). Can you blame him for lashing out at DnB at times or making the Feed Me alias? I don't believe for one second that Feed Me is a for-profit project, he puts a lot of work into the project, not just the music but also the Feed Me gremlin character, to it's clear it's an expression of John, maybe more than his work as Spor was (that doesn't mean that I or you have to enjoy it more though).

Let's just be thankful he's going to release more DnB, although I'll be happy as long as he's around in some form, I do quite enjoy the Feed Me stuff too actually. I wonder why it is that he's chosen now to come back though. Maybe it's because the styles of DnB that we celebrate around here are more diverse now?

I like dis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you work for the money (feed me) or the praise (spor)?

I work for both tbh but im not the one complaining about my job being monopolized by greed which is what he said about the DnB scene in one if his tweets.

Anyway he can complain all he wants and about what he wants as long as he puts the Spor album out soon

Back
Top Bottom