The return of Spor?

Or maybe he put trust in the person he sent it to and was severely let down? Wouldnt say that makes it Spors fault.

He was gonna release it on bittorrent anyway so I dont see what the fuss is :teeth:

Or maybe he put trust in the person he sent it to and was severely let down? Wouldnt say that makes it Spors fault.

He was gonna release it on bittorrent anyway so I dont see what the fuss is :teeth:

Yeah I guess you're right Harry. Its a pretty big let down though, I mean you've got to be a right cunt to have the privilege of being sent the album then to leak it. Surely you know if someone is that much of a wanker before you send it seeing as its such a big project? But I guess not. Why bother sending it to anyone who isn't absolutely vital for its release when music is getting leaked left, right and centre these days thats what I don't understand. Surely he must have sent it to someone who doesn't really give a shit about Spor or his music. I don't know many, if any people who would upload a full unreleased album yet so many producers seem to be sending their work to people that do? I don't know if im missing something here but seems you've got to be a bit stupid to have your music leaked. As I said before just only send it to people who are absolutely vital for its release?

Doesn't that generally happen anyway between producers? You share, they play the stuff out etc. Kinda road-testing between your chums?

Obviously not in this case...

Yeah what I mean is like Spor gives it to someone who says to their label mate "hey I've got this new Spor track, I'll send it to you for a listen but don't play it out or show anyone" then it's passed on

I remember years ago when all the dark murder pots and pans DnB was the rage; limewax went on tour and he was stacked with fresh dubs from himself, dylan, counterstrike, donny, all kinds of people..... after his set one night he forgot to take a CD out of the CDJ. Less than a week later all those fresh dubs were leaked all over the place.

No idea where. Not interested personally. Check his twitter. He posted a tweet last night saying 'Pissed Off'. Comments are full of absolute waste cadets

I have no idea who in their right mind would get something like this, then fully go against the wishes of the artist (all the while abusing your right to even have the material in the first place) and upload it for all the vultures. I am on a couple of promo lists, and could not even fathom wanting to share something like that online to everybody...

Tracklist SWAG...

01. Your Mumuring Chasms 2:25
02. Arms House 3:20
03. Always Right Never Left 3:54
04. Empire 4:24
05. Like Clockwork 4:25
06. Blueroom 5:15
07. Strange Heart 4:23
08. As I Need You 5:27
09. Full Colour 4:27
10. If You Cry 5:32
11. Our Space 2:01
12. Coconut 4:44
13. The Hole Where Your House Was 6:02

Well considering it was gonna be released for free, I had a listen and...

It's a fucking masterpiece IMO. Loved it from start to finish!

10/10

Will be buying the physical product upon release for sure.

Last edited:
I have no idea who in their right mind would get something like this, then fully go against the wishes of the artist (all the while abusing your right to even have the material in the first place) and upload it for all the vultures. I am on a couple of promo lists, and could not even fathom wanting to share something like that online to everybody...
Makes you wonder for sure. Not saying this happened to this album since spor might do all the mastering himself..... but I'm sure studios that master tracks for people have interns or in house people that have access to the computers that the mastering engineer used to finalize a song and might get their hands on it in a dirty manor. Or if money or respect isn't property taken care of, the mastering house might flout it out there out of revenge. Especially the cutting house if vinyl is pressed from the track. Touching a lot of hands at that point to make it out clean without anyone taking an unknown copy for themselfs.

I mean, on another note.... how many sound engineers record live sets of major artists at venues without their knowledge? Anyone deep in the scene long enough has seen that happen. It's not always gonna be some DJ or label that leaked the shit themselfs.... probably some second hand kid that don't know or care what he's got until someone asks.

Makes you wonder for sure. Not saying this happened to this album since spor might do all the mastering himself..... but I'm sure studios that master tracks for people have interns or in house people that have access to the computers that the mastering engineer used to finalize a song and might get their hands on it in a dirty manor. Or if money or respect isn't property taken care of, the mastering house might flout it out there out of revenge. Especially the cutting house if vinyl is pressed from the track. Touching a lot of hands at that point to make it out clean without anyone taking an unknown copy for themselfs.

I mean, on another note.... how many sound engineers record live sets of major artists at venues without their knowledge? Anyone deep in the scene long enough has seen that happen. It's not always gonna be some DJ or label that leaked the shit themselfs.... probably some second hand kid that don't know or care what he's got until someone asks.
That would be catastrophic for the business. Any mastering house that did that would lose a lot of clients, and probably also be sued.

When it comes to live recordings, sure. But that's only gonna result in clips, and sound quality isn't that great (considering that DJs usually run their meters red even if that sounds utter shit).

Well I got the album off vk and it's pretty great. I never listened to Spor in the golden era that many of you guys enjoyed but I think I can assure you that this album is what you've waited for and imagined

I really enjoyed it apart from Arms House.
Always Right Never Left and If You Cry are big! Also diggin the Break-esque shuffle on Blueroom, that one's got some groove.

Last edited:
Like Clockwork seems like something for the Feed Me alias (it's dubstep [yes I know about Pacifica and Push Me Pull You]) but it's still decent

Spor dubstep is amazing... Like Clockwork is absolutely brilliant, the tune I was hoping for :) Not the biggest fan of the screamish vocals on Empire, only realised yesterday this is the track he played at a feed me show, definitely changes the vibe.

Back
Top Bottom