Critical Sound @ Fabric - March 16th

pretty good, i left at about 5.30 though cause i couldn't be bothered to stay for the rest of alix perez b2b sabre. I love minimal dnb as much as the next guy but they went so clicky clacky, i thought fuck this

Lol, totally agree with you man. Fuck that. Proper insect music.

New Emperor tune Kasra ended with = game over.
I thought it was Calyx & Teebee til I was informed otherwise. Nuff said.

Yeah they were pretty sound about it to be fair but could only tell us that it was policy that no high res pics were taken, they couldn't tell me whether it was the club or the events policy. We 'argued' with them for a few minutes, as you say it felt pretty dodge handing it over but we watched them lock it away and they gave us a ticket. If the hotel had been a bit closer we would have walked back with it.

Camera phones or little digital cameras were fine apparently. Gutted as I was on a mission to get a load of pictures.

Yeah they were pretty sound about it to be fair but could only tell us that it was policy that no high res pics were taken, they couldn't tell me whether it was the club or the events policy. We 'argued' with them for a few minutes, as you say it felt pretty dodge handing it over but we watched them lock it away and they gave us a ticket. If the hotel had been a bit closer we would have walked back with it.

Camera phones or little digital cameras were fine apparently. Gutted as I was on a mission to get a load of pictures.

You can get a press passor something I think, ring them up and try to get one for next time

Pretty sure it's to protect the actual photographers who do have press passes or are shooting for Critical/Fabric. Not much point paying them or vetting the publications they shoot for if every Tom, Dick & Harry can take their DSLR in and take the same shots.

Although I see what you mean about it being kinda unnecessary, they should be skilled enough, coupled with being able to get better spots to shoot from, for it to not matter.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's to protect the actual photographers who do have press passes or are shooting for Critical/Fabric. Not much point paying them or vetting the publications they shoot for if every Tom, Dick & Harry can take their DSLR in and take the same shots.

Although I see what you mean about it being kinda unnecessary, they should be skilled enough, coupled with being able to get better shots to shoot from, for it to not matter.

Fair point, I have just never experienced that before so was pretty surprised and my camera skills are far from that of a professionals....but I do get what you are saying. I hope this doesn't become the norm, selfishly.

Pretty sure it says on the club's site that no unauthorised photos are allowed to be taken. Dunno why though, guess it's what PhorceOfHabit said...

Back
Top Bottom