What single little/big thing has helped your production progress the most

Never watched any tutorials. Except from the Subscape one but that was pretty basic.

I'm the sort of person who would rather spend several hours trying to figure something out than having someone else show me how to do it.

But yeah I'd say a friend allowing me to use his logic 9 to upgrade from my 8 helped a lot!

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

That made me seem like an arrogant cunt.....Sorry

Going to say three things, in no particular order:

1. This one is pretty logical. Working on mixdowns :) I feel my mixdowns are a lot better now with the stuff I have recently been working on. Just getting a better idea of how to do a mixdown and in what way!

2. Getting a nanokey! Any Midi keyboard would do the same but it is so much easier to come up with melodies, try out sounds, etc.

3. May surprise a few people, getting a Mic! It gives me the freedom to record in some guitar or some vocal sections, it just helps me take my tunes a little bit further and it is a very handy tool that offers me more options with in tune creation :)

gettin proper monitor speakers.
was producing for a year or so on what i thought were good speakers - they werent.
what a difference monitors make.

1. losing my job just after i started making tunes which meant i had 3 months pretty much solid learning the basics, must have sped that process up alot.
2. getting a midi keyboard
3. getting encouragement from people saying they liked my overall style (including a fairly big in the game producer), rather than just songs, made me stick to my guns and do my own thing and gave me more confidence in my style.

this isnt the number one thing that has helped me, but it hasnt been mentioned yet and is worth doing:

get a few reference traks to listen to - really well produced, well mixed, well master. listen to them on all the systems you have acess to. note all the subteties of the mex and their volumes, placements in stereo field, etc. learn the mixes inside and out. then when u go to a new place with new listeingn environment you listen to those tracks first. then you will know what that space is like, what your track should sound like in that room.

This will help prevent making silly mistakes in strange listening environs.

Hope this help.

I anticipate the individual best affair that has helped me to date would accept to be acquirements synthesis. I apperceive it sounds crazy, but like most, if I 1st started out I acclimated presets in my VST's, or tweaked presets to my liking. But afterwards a while I got apathetic and spent a continued time account up on, and watching tutorials of basal synthesis, what are oscillators and how do they work, ADSR envelopes etc etc. Nothing beats authoritative your own sounds, and getting able to construe the sounds from your head, into your track!

I anticipate the individual best affair that has helped me to date would accept to be acquirements synthesis. I apperceive it sounds crazy, but like most, if I 1st started out I acclimated presets in my VST's, or tweaked presets to my liking. But afterwards a while I got apathetic and spent a continued time account up on, and watching tutorials of basal synthesis, what are oscillators and how do they work, ADSR envelopes etc etc. Nothing beats authoritative your own sounds, and getting able to construe the sounds from your head, into your track!

lol

---------- Post added at 10:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 ----------

The thing that helped my production progress was moving from reason to reaper, it gave me what felt like a new level of creativity . Also the learning how to fit certain frequencies in the mix helped alot

Back
Top Bottom