Sound Card Problem persists

marcelkennard

Storms comin in Annie
VIP Junglist
I'm close to just buying a new sound card because I cant figure out for the life of me how to get my behringer uca222 to stop distorting the output. I have tried to change the buffer size etc in logic but it doesnt change anything at all. Is there anywhere I can basically try and get someone to have a look at it and sort it out with my laptop like in a shop or something? Before I just buy a new interface...

Cheers

can you do a render of something, would like to hear what distortion is going on, might give a clue, dont do it via soundcloud tho, they have limiters which may affect it, a low volume, say -12db peak render culd b useful

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

i know this is probly a stupid question, but you have checked all the volume controls? if its running thru the windows mixer, that could be the issue, Windows Media player is renowned for distorting sound anything above 80% volume

Erm I could try to explain the distortion. Basically playing sounds through the interface, through my speakers, just as the sound is heard, I get a crackling, white noise coming through.
Now when I keep the sound, say a track from itunes or logic- doesnt matter which (even the volume clicking up or down on the mac) at a low level, then the crackling basically distorts the whole sound and it sounds dreadful.
When I turn the volume up, however, the distorted crackling sound does not increase in volume and therefore I can hear the output sound a lot clearer, with the crackling noise sitting in the background.

And I dont use Windows media- have a mac.

Cheers for your help miszt!

ahh ok, sounds like it could be a Ground Loop, does it happen when you are running on battery only?

You mean my laptop right? it is plugged in to the charger.
You want me to see if it stops when it's running only on the battery?

You mean my laptop right? it is plugged in to the charger.
You want me to see if it stops when it's running only on the battery?

yep, leave the laptop unplugged and see what happens, you might need a ground loop breaker if the noise stops

if you have another PC you can plug the soundcard into, give that a try for a last test, if not, probly time to send it back

Back
Top Bottom