DnB LIQUID / NEUROFUNK SUB and BASS TECHNIQUES... SHARE / REVIEW.

M3NZI

Hi,
Am hopeing to get sum advice on making deep liquid/neurofunk sub basslines like "Icicle, Alix Perez, Enei... etc".

Am using FL10 with MASSIVE 1.5 (plus Various N.I instruments & Vsts) but cant seem to find any decent tutorials on this subject.

I can make a simple sustained sub but cant get that deep full body'd minor neuro sub sound...

Any advice/techniques would be much apprieciated.

Thanks.

Reference Link Below...

1 example... (1st drop main bassline)
2nd example... (@1:32 a minor bassline wub)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3pfBBlvtSM

Last edited:
Search "Icicle producer masterclass" on youtube. That was a good watch and he talked about his basslines in a bit of detail :)

ive seen the icicle masterclass... it was very helpfull indeed, but it doesnt cover Massive unfortunatly, only logic's plug-ins which is abit pants as i dnt have logic...
bless tho. = )

But you can apply that knowledge to massive mate :) All the plugins have mostly the same crucial features (Filters, Oscillators, etc.) you just get slightly varied results on occasion. Not a bad thing of course!

I think I made a pretty cool bass sound after watching the video (haven't used it in a tune yet) which was basically a big 3 Osciillator Sub with a nice phasing effect created from detuning 2 of them slightly :D I may have to watch it again to refresh my memory actually!

I've heard that u can make pretty cool neurofunk basslines with FL's own Granulizer. I use Logic so I dont have any own experiences with that. But have heard its crazy when get the point. Search this forum for "Granulizer" and youtube has many useful tutorials about it.

The black sun empire Q & A on dogsonacid.com has some great tips, I remember reading that a few weeks back. See if you can dig that up on google.

Back
Top Bottom