Serato vs Traktor

Stu you will fucking looooooooove it! You'll be able to mix any style you want. I've found it takes about three months + £100's worth of mp3s to get any good at a genre you've never touched before...

The noise you get used to. The control 'vinyl' are lighter and the grooves aren't as deep as normal vinyl so when you first mix on them they skate around a bit. You have to adapt and be a bit more gentle with your fingers...tis a lot of fun though.

I'm gunna go in on traktor I reckon. Seems to be more of choice with the professionals for some reason too

Don't bother getting serato /traktor with CDJ's though (although I wouldn't bother at all with dvs), get either 400's, 1000mk3's or 2000s and you can connect from cd player to computer just by USB avoiding all the bullshit and the most expensive bit of serato/traktor - the soundcard.

Wading into this after starting to give this whole digital thing some serious thought. By the sounds of it traktor A6 is more affordable and has better functions over sl2, why go with the latter then? i was under the impression serato was the more professional of the two but i'm hearing otherwise

also, is dj finance direct as hassle-free as it looks? trying to find a catch!

Wading into this after starting to give this whole digital thing some serious thought. By the sounds of it traktor A6 is more affordable and has better functions over sl2, why go with the latter then? i was under the impression serato was the more professional of the two but i'm hearing otherwise

also, is dj finance direct as hassle-free as it looks? trying to find a catch!

all went smoothly with me mate. no problems. I got traktor A10.

ta mate, don't think i'll ever have more than 2 decks so i think i'll save some shillings with the a6 or a8 at least

ta mate, don't think i'll ever have more than 2 decks so i think i'll save some shillings with the a6 or a8 at least

If your going to be playing out with it iv heard serato is more plug and go than traktor. I can imagine traktor being bloody annoying to play out with. Seems like everything has to be in tip top condition for it to run smooth, i.e RCA leads on your technics. Vinyl they work perfect, however shove them onto traktor and they are fooked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your going to be playing out with it iv heard serato is more plug and go than traktor. I can imagine traktor being bloody annoying to play out with. Seems like everything has to be in tip top condition for it to run smooth, i.e RCA leads on your technics. Vinyl they work perfect, however shove them onto traktor and they are fooked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmm. food for thought. appreciate that... i wouldn't say i'm in that position now but you never know. i don't want to be buying another piece of kit somewhere down the line

I prefer Serato, more stripped down, easy to use and it always seems to work

but get Traktor if you like looping and all those other effects that I've never used or heard of, you get more 'stuff' for your money but I hear it can be a bit fickle

They're both solid. I prefer Traktor for the price point. You might want to look into the Z2. You can sell the mixer you have now and basically get Traktor for free. When you play out, just play Traktor through HID.

^ but i love my xone 22 too much :)

one more thing, is it easy to switch between timecode and vinyl mid-set on both? anyone have any experience with this?

^ but i love my xone 22 too much :)

one more thing, is it easy to switch between timecode and vinyl mid-set on both? anyone have any experience with this?
Multi core cables.

With the Z2, you just hit a button to switch between time code and regular vinyl. I'm telling you, look into it. If you play DVS, you're going to end up buying an X1 at some point. The Z2 combines a real solid mixer with the X1 into 1 unit. The only drawback is that you would need an additional soundcard to play out unless you play HId thru CDJ's.

Serato wins hands down for me. Done what it says on the tin. Allows expansion but doesnt bog down with kiddy features and shit.

I know a fair few people who bought it literally because andy c uses it...

Also, to the above, most dvs' s have a thru mode? Serato and iScratch Mixlive both had it?? Makes switching mid set a breeze.

Sent from your mums vag using Tapatalk.

Serato for me. Made the choice between the 2 a couple years ago. Serato always seemed the one for me, don't really know why though just appealed more.

I have a few mates that have Traktor and are over at mine a lot mixing on Serato and 2 of them want to make the switch. Ive been on Traktor a good few times too with them and personally can't see why they would want to. I'd still pick Serato over Traktor, but wouldn't bother spending the money to switch.

you know when you get that itch and it just sticks, well i went for sl2 on finance. thanks for all the advice people.

baaaaaare excited! mixing mp3s.. fancy that!

Back
Top Bottom