DnB New Artist in the forums needing feedback! Replies very much appreciated! :)

!ZOMG?

Hey guys, I just registered today and I am currently looking for feedback and help on what I can improve on.
I produce music really often and I use FLStudio 10 and I try to make all kinds of different genres. Mostly House, Dubstep and DNB.

I have been learning how to use Flstudio fairly well. Like how to set up Vocoding with NI (Native Instruments) Razor or how to create a nasty sound with just 3xOSC and then put LOTS and LOTS of effects (Distortion, Chorus, Flanger etc...) and then resample it!

I want to become a producer with my own style and am currently thinking of sticking with DnB and Drumstep (In case you don't know what Drumstep is, it is Dubstep at 174BPM or more with DnB Aspects!)

Now here is the link to my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SirZOMG?feature=mhee

ALSO! I'm having a problem choosing between more -Liquid and happy or chill- or -Dark and jumpup, something easier to go crazy to-

I really like Noisia, Netsky and so on and I like both styles! But it's really hard to choose D: Help!

Replies very much appreciated!

Thanks for reading,

!ZOMG? :)

should probs post this in new member section, but welcome anyway! listened to your first dnb track, here we go again.

Like the song, its catchy, nice and jumpy. need drum work tho, snares need more high end, they sound muggy and a little loose.
Sounds like theres some dist at the end of ur kicks too, maybe take off some low end cause i think its clashing with ur sub bass ie use sidechain compression here

i really like that vocal sample, fits well, so does that little arp in the back. good work overall, extend it a bit, work on the drums (the usual shi :/)

cheers

thanks bro! The drums need some work, but the subbass and kick? I did actually use sidechain compression :S

Thanks for replying :)

For a beginner it sounds pretty nice. Nice atmosphere, the tune is very easy to get into.
I found your kick a bit shallow, could be because youtube doesn't deliver the best quality. Or you could layer another kick on it for an extra punch.
The tune also reminds me of stuff I already heard lots of times...
overall not bad!

Going to upload a new "Showoff" or promo of an upcoming track tomorrow! Hope you guys will like it and hope you will also comment on it either on youtube or on this forum. Please throw any constructive criticism and feedback at me, but don't troll :)

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom