High Contrast & Influx Datum/Danny Byrd - 'Music Is Everything rmxs' (Hospital)

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
"Music Is Everything rmxs" - High Contrast & Influx Datum/Danny Byrd (Hospital)

High Contrast's excellent Music is Everything gets not one, but two re-licks here, from High Contrast himself alongside Influx Datum, as well as one from Danny Byrd.
Firstly, High Contrast and Influx Datums remix starts out with nice summery chords and an angelic voice singing about how music is her life. Tight breaks guide it on as the track progresses, and as the guitar chords drift on, a warm, gliding bassline sails along with them. An atmospheric break half way through calms the pace a little, but its not long before it all builds back up again, and soon enough its rolling along steadily! You'll have to believe me when I say this tune is all about the vibes - the vocals work perfectly with the tune and one of the most melodic harmonies to grace my turntable in a long time make this an instant hit. Shame it couldnt have been around six months earlier, as it would have made for a perfect summer anthem.
On the flip you have mix from a certain Mr Byrd, a man I confess to not being too clued up about, but if this tunes anything to go by, I'll definately have to keep an eye out for more of his stuff. Keeping with the steady rollin flava that the accompanying remix possesses, this track has a far brighter and jazzier feel, with a crisp b-line and the vocal being used for a far more uplifting effect. As you can imagine, this track contains all the usual flavas you'd expect from the Hosptital camp, with a distinct Intalex/Calibre feel but also with a nice edge to it. Its gonna be hard deciding which of the two to play out! Purchase on sight. :pimp:

Havent had a chance to play either yet! I was hoping to have it in time to play it on Friday night in Cheltenham, but it arrived on Saturday morning!!! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom