This snare.

Everyone raves about the vengeance sample packs, but its guna take more than just that. You will most probably have to layer a couple of snares and EQ them accordingly, also maybe some pitching and compressing etc

Totally agree with Yogi , Every sample pack you own will have this kinda snare , Layer them up and play around with reverb and compression also a lickle eq :)

yup . you can boost around 200 Hz. Layer 3 snares : 1 on the low end. 2. pitch up the 2nd layer(you can take the bottom end sample) and a top layer from another snare - leave the high end. Compress them really hard and you will get the result you are looking after :)

You'll probably want to make sure you use the right snare samples so that they all combine nicely to give the impression that they are one. As well as the peak at 200 hz you want to make sure the snare is flat lining across the higher frequencies to make sure its sounding full and punching through the mix. Maybe try processing the snare with as many plug ins as you can aswell - distortion etc, to make it sound heavier. I'm also just thinking I wonder if its worth compressing multiband to boost the important points

Find a punchy snare, find a clap or snare that isn't too punchy and it has some high-end to it and find a snare with some mids.
Set all 3 to the same channel or bus and apply an EQ to it. Cut the low end till you can still hear the punchy snare. Then you boost the low-mids or the "punchy bit" to your liking.
Boost the high-end a tinie wiiinie bit aswell. Oh yeah and don't forget to add a limiter to it and decrease the Attack and Release to your liking making it stand out more.

There you have it! A punchy snare :D

That is how I do it :)

Back
Top Bottom