Teddy's so you want feedback on your mix thread

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Ez all.

I've been getting a fair few requests over the last few months to check out members mixes and thats nothing but cool with me.

Thought it would be good to start this thread.

If you want feedback on your mix, post the details/link to your thread in here and I will do my best to check them out.

Things to keep in mind

Post a link to your mix where I can stream the audio. I'm much more likely to check it out that way.

A tracklist is essential.

I dont really like heavy synth based tracks so dont expect me to listen to a hour long mix full of jump up, screeches and wobbles.

No dubstep please.

I will listen to most styles, mainly tech, minimal and the rollers. I will check out liquid too, its not my personal preference but I do enjoy it. However if I dont know any of the tracks it makes feedback really difficult.

I will try and listen to all mixes that get posted, depending on how many I have to get through.
Please don't be offended if I don't get a chance to listen or by any constructive feedback you may view as negative. I'm nothing but 100% honest with my opinions and they are just my opinions.

Feeding back on other mixes is a great way to share tips/tricks and also help you to become a better DJ yourself, so I urge everyone to feedback on mixes more, even if someone has already given in depth feedback because everyones views are different.

So yeah! Don't be shy, feel free to post up your mixes regardless of your ability/experience it's all good!

Ted.

i caught a french guy eating a huge piece of brie with walnuts going cest tres bon mais oui heauh heauh heauh saying how they serve it with melted butter and salt being the frenchest you ever saw here at work. with a maddened look in his eyes, like he was about to moo or bark at any moment. and a huge beard.

Karl you never cease to amaze me with your random ramblings
this particular paragraph will score a respectable 8.5/10

logikz said:
i caught a french guy eating a huge piece of brie with walnuts going cest tres bon mais oui heauh heauh heauh saying how they serve it with melted butter and salt being the frenchest you ever saw here at work. with a maddened look in his eyes, like he was about to moo or bark at any moment. and a huge beard.

LOL!

--------------------------------------------

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php/134453-December-2011-Mix-%28Best-Of-2011-Part-1%29

Would you check it out please? You've given me one detailed feedback before on another mix, so I'd like to know if I got any better. Thx in advance mate :)

Great idea Teddy, I've been very slack with feedback recently so need to catch up!
Will have a new mix for you to cast your ears over soon :)

Tracklist in order this time! feedback appreciated. hope you enjoy it!

Noisia - Regurgitate
Current Value - Bruja
Basher - Xerox
Wilkinson - Pistol Whip
Alix perez - Down The Line (Break Remix)
Fresh - Signal
The Prototypes - Subterrestrial
Calyx & Teebee - Submerged (Break Remix)
Phace & Rockwell - Rat Race
Basher - Imperfections
Phace & Noisia - Floating Zero (Icicle Remix)
Enei - One Chance
Alix Perez - Exemption
Icicle - Minimal Funk
Spectrasoul - Absentis
Xtrah - Contortion

will peep, always enjoy urs mate, just been waiting on the sound cloud link

fucking hell u really go to town on the feedback
ha ha, i get a lot of free time at work , been meaning to check ur mix and the rolling one i saw too

http://soundcloud.com/smickus/ydk - interested to see what you have to say about Oli's mix ...
tl looks hench man

Great idea Teddy, I've been very slack with feedback recently so need to catch up!
Will have a new mix for you to cast your ears over soon :)
look forward to it man

Noisia - Regurgitate
Current Value - Bruja
Basher - Xerox
Wilkinson - Pistol Whip
Alix perez - Down The Line (Break Remix)
Fresh - Signal
The Prototypes - Subterrestrial
Calyx & Teebee - Submerged (Break Remix)
Phace & Rockwell - Rat Race
Basher - Imperfections
Phace & Noisia - Floating Zero (Icicle Remix)
Enei - One Chance
Alix Perez - Exemption
Icicle - Minimal Funk
Spectrasoul - Absentis
Xtrah - Contortion

will peep this man.

Teddy you're such a don.

Thanks again for all the feedback you've done for me already.

couldn't find ur thread man so will post in here, feel free to quote in ur thread if u like.
digged ur last one. if i recall it was cool but with some space for eq improvments. mainly with the bass and mid.

‎01 - Foreign Concept - Mob Justice - tune!
>> Rockwell - Noir - Ulterior Motive Remix - bit wobly at the start but the drop was sick as man. eq was spot on. really liked the way u brought noir back out of the mix, really smooth. cracking opener.

02 - Basher - Ultra Violet - great placement. shame about the vocal clang on the drop, not too bad tho, a sweeping filter to muffle ultra violet would have worked to smooth that bit out. if u have a filter on ur mixer that is.
03 - Enei - One Chance - cool they sounded good together. less bass on one of these tho. prob on one chance, would have liked a switch when one chance's drums cut out. the end was a bit all of a sudden.

04 - Foreign Concept - Cemetery - didn;t like the intro over the breakdown, was just there then u had the vocal clash, the drop was ok.
05 - Enei - Cracker - Jubei Remix - liked the way it came in and the switch to the vocal. too much bass on bass i thought. if cemetery's bass was low as it would go or just a pinch higher than that it would have sounded a lot smoother

06 - Total Science & S.P.Y - Gangsta - wasn't really feeling it man
07 - Need For Mirrors - Lofar - came in far too loud it was a bit of a shock... again too much bass on bass. i would have had lofar bass on full, minus some mid range. then gangsta on 0 bass and full mid and missing a pinch of trebble.

08 - Misanthrop - Amboss - liked this, was nice and clean
09 - Phace & Rockwell - No! intro was cool. drop was too much, 0 bass eq amboss
10 - S.P.Y & Kasra - Surface -much better with the bass eq, however i think it might have sounded nicer the other way round.

11 - Ulterior Motive - Tesla - wicked, would have been really cool if telsa had a lot less bass

12 - Krakota - Be Myself - didnt really like the intro over the breakdown. would have brought it in when the drums stopped and the vocal came in. the drop was huge tho! loved it, would have finished the mix half way tho, telsa had some extra elements come into play half way through and i dont think they sat right sadly.

13 - Craggz & Parallel - Future Shock - Jubei Remix - cool. less trebble and bass on be myself and u got urself a winner here. shame about the cut off, the vocal overlaps the bar, just volume fade it out like a second or 2 over the next bar.

14 - Break - Between The Lines - this dominated the mix, could hardly hear the previous track, eq work rqd.

15 - Icicle & Commix - Ultra Clean - not bad,
16 - Calibre & ST Files - Falling Down - great way to bring it in. less bass and mid on falling down tho.

17 - Ulterior Motive - Featherweight VIP - liked how u brought it in and the switch at featherweights into. wasn't a big fan on how the sounded together really tho.

18 - Seba - Painted Skies - cool, but painted skies dominated the mix too much. less mid on it i think. keep an eye on ur levels, u can clearly see on the waveform that this was much louder than featherweight.

19 - Sato - Glide - liking this one.

20 - Q Project - Champion Sound - Total Science Hardcore Will Never Die Remix - cool, too much bass on champion sound on the intro, it made glide get left in the back. the drop was cool all be it there was a few lil beat slips agwarn.

21 - Critical impact & Komonazmuk - Translation -not too shabby

22 - Enei - Slow Motion - less bass.

23 - S.P.Y - Hot Spot - really liked these 2 togeher, less bass on slow motion with full mid so those percussion bits can stand out. and less mid on hot spot so slow motion has room to poke through.

24 - Alix Perez - Exemption - intro i didn't like. sounded nice when they dropped tho.

liked it man, selection is right up my street.
most of the mixes were cool and flowed well, some real nice ideas.
just work on ur eq, try not to have 2 bass' up.
1 on full and the other on 0 is not always best but will work better than having too much bass in the mix. it just clouds the rest of the sounds up.
play about recording one mix several times and eq it various ways and listen to how u think it sounds best.

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 ----------

couldn't be bothered to find ur thread either dan. feel free to quote in there if u wish.

Noisia - Regurgitate - nice, heavy tune to start off with.
>>Current Value - Bruja - fucking wicked blend man. nicely eq'd.
Basher - Xerox - not bad. regurgitate got left behind a bit but sounding nice.
Wilkinson - Pistol Whip - yeah ok. a bit messy at points, theres a lot going on. doesn't help me that i cant stand this track.
Alix perez - Down The Line (Break Remix) - great! liked this. sounded good. slightly less mid on down the line. pistol whip was really low in the mix.
Fresh - Signal - should have left out the "watch this space" - quite a nice mix. go easy on the trebble with these 2, was a lil messy at the start but evened out mid flow and was cool.
The Prototypes - Subterrestrial - brought in gently, would have brought it in after that forst switch to be honest to save cutting the vocal sample mid way. but yea not a bad blend.
Calyx & Teebee - Submerged (Break Remix) - yeah quite cool. less mid on this one so subterestial could poke through more.
Phace & Rockwell - Rat Race - liked it. went a bit messy later on but u fixed it.
Basher - Imperfections - not bad. liked the stabs hitting at the right point on rat race.
Phace & Noisia - Floating Zero (Icicle Remix) - brought in slightly early, would have waited till the drums cut out. liked the cheeky switches.
Enei - One Chance - brought in well. sounded good.
Alix Perez - Exemption - see what u were going for, wasnt bad but din't sit that well for me.
Icicle - Minimal Funk - wicked! im gonna try this one out myself, really digged it.
Spectrasoul - Absentis - not too bad, might have better with the bass' the other way round.
Xtrah - Contortion - yeah ok. cant decide if i like it or not tbh.

mix was safe man. selection apart from pistol whip was fucking ace. but thats personal preference. keep doing what ur doing and hit me up with the next one.

couldn't find ur thread man so will post in here, feel free to quote in ur thread if u like.
digged ur last one. if i recall it was cool but with some space for eq improvments. mainly with the bass and mid.

‎01 - Foreign Concept - Mob Justice - tune!
>> Rockwell - Noir - Ulterior Motive Remix - bit wobly at the start but the drop was sick as man. eq was spot on. really liked the way u brought noir back out of the mix, really smooth. cracking opener.

02 - Basher - Ultra Violet - great placement. shame about the vocal clang on the drop, not too bad tho, a sweeping filter to muffle ultra violet would have worked to smooth that bit out. if u have a filter on ur mixer that is.
03 - Enei - One Chance - cool they sounded good together. less bass on one of these tho. prob on one chance, would have liked a switch when one chance's drums cut out. the end was a bit all of a sudden.

04 - Foreign Concept - Cemetery - didn;t like the intro over the breakdown, was just there then u had the vocal clash, the drop was ok.
05 - Enei - Cracker - Jubei Remix - liked the way it came in and the switch to the vocal. too much bass on bass i thought. if cemetery's bass was low as it would go or just a pinch higher than that it would have sounded a lot smoother

06 - Total Science & S.P.Y - Gangsta - wasn't really feeling it man
07 - Need For Mirrors - Lofar - came in far too loud it was a bit of a shock... again too much bass on bass. i would have had lofar bass on full, minus some mid range. then gangsta on 0 bass and full mid and missing a pinch of trebble.

08 - Misanthrop - Amboss - liked this, was nice and clean
09 - Phace & Rockwell - No! intro was cool. drop was too much, 0 bass eq amboss
10 - S.P.Y & Kasra - Surface -much better with the bass eq, however i think it might have sounded nicer the other way round.

11 - Ulterior Motive - Tesla - wicked, would have been really cool if telsa had a lot less bass

12 - Krakota - Be Myself - didnt really like the intro over the breakdown. would have brought it in when the drums stopped and the vocal came in. the drop was huge tho! loved it, would have finished the mix half way tho, telsa had some extra elements come into play half way through and i dont think they sat right sadly.

13 - Craggz & Parallel - Future Shock - Jubei Remix - cool. less trebble and bass on be myself and u got urself a winner here. shame about the cut off, the vocal overlaps the bar, just volume fade it out like a second or 2 over the next bar.

14 - Break - Between The Lines - this dominated the mix, could hardly hear the previous track, eq work rqd.

15 - Icicle & Commix - Ultra Clean - not bad,
16 - Calibre & ST Files - Falling Down - great way to bring it in. less bass and mid on falling down tho.

17 - Ulterior Motive - Featherweight VIP - liked how u brought it in and the switch at featherweights into. wasn't a big fan on how the sounded together really tho.

18 - Seba - Painted Skies - cool, but painted skies dominated the mix too much. less mid on it i think. keep an eye on ur levels, u can clearly see on the waveform that this was much louder than featherweight.

19 - Sato - Glide - liking this one.

20 - Q Project - Champion Sound - Total Science Hardcore Will Never Die Remix - cool, too much bass on champion sound on the intro, it made glide get left in the back. the drop was cool all be it there was a few lil beat slips agwarn.

21 - Critical impact & Komonazmuk - Translation -not too shabby

22 - Enei - Slow Motion - less bass.

23 - S.P.Y - Hot Spot - really liked these 2 togeher, less bass on slow motion with full mid so those percussion bits can stand out. and less mid on hot spot so slow motion has room to poke through.

24 - Alix Perez - Exemption - intro i didn't like. sounded nice when they dropped tho.

liked it man, selection is right up my street.
most of the mixes were cool and flowed well, some real nice ideas.
just work on ur eq, try not to have 2 bass' up.
1 on full and the other on 0 is not always best but will work better than having too much bass in the mix. it just clouds the rest of the sounds up.
play about recording one mix several times and eq it various ways and listen to how u think it sounds best.

Thanks, I tried not to keep bass too far up, I never seem to push the bass/mid of the track coming in past half way - think I need to experiment a bit more on different eqing... Have been playing about with the gain (as I used to always leave it at the same level for each deck, but have realised every track is different). Respect for the feedback Teddy!

Also - don't think I have a sweeping filter on my mixer... just a pioneer djm600...

yeah on the djm 600 select the filter and the channel u want, then move the time parameter to the 3rd red light along (well thats what i usually do) and it will sweep along that time parameter. comes in handy sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom