How to record with behringer ddm 4000 mixer?

prettyherb

O I
VIP Junglist
Eepz, i'm trying this for 2 weeks now and it still doesn't work. I bought a stereo cable into jack like they said in 1000 tutorials and put that in my laptop, installed audacity.
I tried everything for input channel, put the cable in the mixer in out B and tape, but nothing works... Is there something i forget??? Please help me out!

Are you using your computer's internal soundcard and Windows? If so, open up your "Sounds and Audio Devices" from Control Panel. Now click on the audio tab, press the "volume button" under the "Sound Recording" area. See what device is selected and whether or not it's volume is up. If this doesn't work, repeat the previous process but click the "Volume" button under the "Sound Playback" area. Make sure the "Wav" control isn't muted.

Also, make sure your audio cable is going into the "Line Input" as opposed to the "Mic Input" or your recording sounds like shit.

When you're playing a track from your mixer and have the recording interface in Audacity open, are the meters showing any signal presence at all, or are they completely muted?

Are you using your computer's internal soundcard and Windows? If so, open up your "Sounds and Audio Devices" from Control Panel. Now click on the audio tab, press the "volume button" under the "Sound Recording" area. See what device is selected and whether or not it's volume is up. If this doesn't work, repeat the previous process but click the "Volume" button under the "Sound Playback" area. Make sure the "Wav" control isn't muted.

Also, make sure your audio cable is going into the "Line Input" as opposed to the "Mic Input" or your recording sounds like shit.

When you're playing a track from your mixer and have the recording interface in Audacity open, are the meters showing any signal presence at all, or are they completely muted?

Well, when i recorded with line in ( that's the green one on my laptop right?) it gives no signal in the spectogram, but a bit in the red bar that shows you the recording volume. I tried what you said, with the stereo mix, and putting the volume of it on, but that gives me the sound of a dunno what, everything exept music...

What the hell do i have to do :p??

Well, when i recorded with line in ( that's the green one on my laptop right?) it gives no signal in the spectogram, but a bit in the red bar that shows you the recording volume. I tried what you said, with the stereo mix, and putting the volume of it on, but that gives me the sound of a dunno what, everything exept music...

What the hell do i have to do :p??

PM me your soundcard type and computer model and I'll do you a solid and figure out what type of options are available. Also, tell me how you're running your cables (i.e. RCA 2 to 1 1/8") or send a picture. There is a very small chance that you have a type of sound card that has an interface "bug" that doesn't provide/display the option for Line In recording.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom