what is it about drum n bass that attracts arrogant wankers ?

Welll I'm no expert but I think it (partly) depends on the kinda raves you go to...I only attend ones at fabric/cable usually so cant speak of the crowds at smaller events/illegal raves but yeh the shoguns & criticals i've been to have lovely peeps who are all about the music & creating a positive vibe. I've been in the emosh position a few times going fabric alone but its so easy to approach groups & have a skank out. Was at cable for last shogun & my mates didnt get in till late...so was on my own for a bizzle and some guy comes up to me & literally says "hey mate hate to see you by yourself come join us s’all good"..now if your in a scene where people are as nice & upront as that its always going to be a good look. I go to ministry & accidently bump into a guy fair chance he'd front...i do the same at fabric on a dnb night most damage someone would do would be to give me an overly tight hug of apology. I've seen some trouble at a few playaz before and admittedly if I ever go to one in the future (...na) id probs take a shield with me and jam in a corner by the looks of some of the mans i’ve seen there.....but overall most headz seem healthy, cant say i’ve come across these pricks you speak of

my mate went to a the playaz 10th anniversary, cracking night and all he told me apart from groups of dick heads going around putting their hands in peoples pockets. he told me he felt this guys hand in his pocket so he turned round and saw him and then 4 or 5 of his crew behind him waiting to kick off if he was gonna start a fight so he just left it. think the problem is that they let people in for half price after 3 so u get these bunch's of people turning up going in for an hour to steal a few wallet and what not. In my opinion they should call last entry at 2 or whatever and if u aint got a ticket u can do 1!

my mate went to a the playaz 10th anniversary, cracking night and all he told me apart from groups of dick heads going around putting their hands in peoples pockets. he told me he felt this guys hand in his pocket so he turned round and saw him and then 4 or 5 of his crew behind him waiting to kick off if he was gonna start a fight so he just left it. think the problem is that they let people in for half price after 3 so u get these bunch's of people turning up going in for an hour to steal a few wallet and what not. In my opinion they should call last entry at 2 or whatever and if u aint got a ticket u can do 1!

Once had someone reach into my pocket at a rave only to pull out my passport which he then handed back to me, after I clocked, with a "wtf am i sposed to do with this" expression on his face lol. Was a playaz night that i think...still though he was kind enough to give it back in one piece, i mean he could've eaten it if he wanted to be a real prick. Yeh your right, seems most thugs populate fabric after 3ish..

The most arrogant and narrow minded people I met were listening to DNB, Hip Hop or Hardcore Punk.

funny because I listen to exactly those 3 things hahah

a shitton of elitism and arrogance going on in the scene though no doubt about that but I've been to a calibre gig on friday and the people and vibes were just so nice

a lot of this arrogance is going on in the forums and not really in the raves i think

This. Majority of posing pricks seem to have gone to the more fashionable music, I never have trouble dancing with and talking to strangers at DNB nights

Yah I don't get this thread really, there is a WAY too many variables at a dnb to say that it attracts wankers

119545-hoodie.jpg

dnb nights, the only place you can turn up like this and still get in

I've always had a harder time dealing with people at house/techno nights than I have at dnb nights. Dnb just isn't as cool anymore so you don't get loads of students k-holing trying to find their baggy on the floor throwing elbows about. I've been to playaz/shogun/critical/headz/exit and at everyone one people are smiling to see you skanking, never had any agg at all.

Unfortunately Ram nights attract the biggest wankers, never had to contend with so many dickheads starting moshpits. Should be banned inna da dance, I go to a club to listen to the music and have a good time not get pushed around by shirtless twats.

Headz on Friday at Fabric was a great crowd, makes such a big difference to the night when everyone there is chilled out and there for the music, same goes for Program at Plan B!

Vibes are top at all the nights I've been to in the last year always chat to cool ppl except andy c nights which seems to attract a load of tossers who want to prove there hard by moshing and throwing elbows everywhere.

... im not an incredible fans of the hipsters who sit back and spectate at raves though, who somehow think they are best mates with friction and ask him to play a request every couple of minutes
Thing about this though, you turn up at a dnb night that's running for 7 hours or whatever, come in at 11 go home at 6...surely youre entitled to some sort of down time, ive been to tonnes of nights and even now I hit a certain time (usually 4-5) when I just think, I am absolutely shattered. Maybe its just me being a pussy but its well annoying when some kid comes up to you nd says summit like 'U LOOK WELL BORING M8 WHY YOU NOT HAVING A SKANK'.

Either that or the tunes waste and I prefer to pick ones I actually like a bit more (which ironically seems to be the ruffhouse'esque type stuff everyone thinks is boring)

Never had any problems with hipsters. Most of the trouble I've seen relates to working class scumbags who feel the need to act hard and swing their weight about.

Clubs are much much gentler places than they used to be, I don't think anyone should be complaining about modern clubnights tbh.

To add to the conversation about "straight edgers", I've been to a few metal gigs in clubs and almost everyone there is some wanker wearing a tie dye or all black clothing with ear stretchers and frowning upon people who don't "mosh". It was like I was being made to feel weird just for wearing normal clothes (Hospital recs jumper just to represent the best scene) and not wanting to kill myself. Also the mosh pits are so retarded, people flail their arms around and it looks like they are doing back-stroke
Judging by Dnb fans on the internet though, we are pretty elitist and excluding of people who don't know much or are new, but as a lot of other people have acknowledged, DnB is just a genre that people really want to protect and are proud to be involved in.

Also the mosh pits are so retarded, people flail their arms around and it looks like they are doing back-stroke

You, sir, don't know what you're talking about. Mosh pits are the essence of metal gigs. This is what defines and separate a metal gig from a classical music presentation, for example. And surely a DJ set at a nightclub.

There will always be wankers, don't matter what genre of music.

People ACTUALLY look like they're doing backstroke. It's entertaining. Nothing wrong with being in a crowd and jumping around (I think) but the stuff I see is almost comical. People consider things that are close to fighting to be dancing.
Oh and of course there's bad people in every scene, just was adding my experience

^ Shut up fag, when you've been to a 200 person Machine Head gig and moshed your bollocks off you can understand the fun of it. Miss them days actualy!

^ Shut up fag, when you've been to a 200 person Machine Head gig and moshed your bollocks off you can understand the fun of it. Miss them days actualy!

Once I went to a Ratos de Porão gig on a club that could handle 150 attendants, max. And there were like 500 people inside it. Best mosh pits EVER. I left the place with a few bruises here and there, but it's all part of the game. Which you just lost.

Back
Top Bottom